At quip, we design and deliver delightful products and services that keep your mouth healthy.
We are looking for a Vice President of People who will help establish a strong vision for the quip team as we expand from a consumer product company to a patient and provider-facing digital platform. We aim to improve every aspect of a member’s oral health within this growth through an integrated suite of design-driven everyday products, engaging oral health advice, and affordable professional services.
As Vice President of People, you will report to the CEO and be responsible for leading quip and the People team through its next phase of growth. This person will be a strategic thought leader when it comes to the people experience and a strong operations leader with a lens for process.
This individual will be critical in ensuring to hire with quip’s values and cultures in mind while continuing to develop a best-in-class employee experience through forward-looking and innovative compensation, benefits, and promotion of health & wellness initiatives.
- You will lead a team responsible for People Strategy, Operations, Talent Acquisition, DEI, and Employee Experience and will continue to grow the People team to meet quip’s growing needs
- Strategize and execute quip’s hiring roadmap in coordination with senior leadership
- Continue to develop the strategy of systems and processes based on the business needs of the company
- Optimize people operations and all processes and systems to ensure all procedures comply with legal regulations and best practices
- Develop and maintain regular benchmarking of our total reward strategy to ensure we remain competitive and attract and retain top talent
- Evaluate the company benefits and programs related to well being and ensure the right partner and platform is in place that aligns with company growth
- Ensure quip’s benefits and compensation plans are comprehensive, creative, and ahead of the market standards and trends
- You will be business-minded and capable of speaking to strategic growth in the company
- Responsible for the budget for the calendar year and driving data to make informed decisions for the People Team
- Be the steward of quip’s values, mission, and culture of transparency across the company while developing a feedback loop to measure employee engagement and feedback
- Be the “pulse of the organization” and assess organizational health and effectiveness regularly. Be able to identify opportunities for improvement within all areas of quip
- Constantly evaluate tools for effectiveness and make improvements where needed in the areas of Talent Development & Performance Management and Learning & Development
- Provide mentorship and guidance to a fast-growing and ambitious Leadership team. Working with them to identify needs, pain points, and leadership strategies
- Build and foster an inclusive and diverse work environment aligned with quip’s mission and values
- 15+ years of experience leading People functions in a fast-growing company, preferably in a health-tech or CPG vertical
- Experience in scaling teams and establishing a physical presence internationally
- Proven track record of mentoring employees and coaching management
- Familiarity and knowledge of immigration processes and regulations pertaining to employment
- Experience in recruiting is a plus
- Experience in a company that requires HIPAA compliance is a plus
- Experience taking an early-stage startup to a more established company is a plus
- You'll be working in a high energy, fast-paced environment helping us make oral care simple and effective!
- An office located in the heart of DUMBO with breathtaking views of Manhattan Bridge (the role is currently remote in response to the COVID-19 pandemic)
- Fully covered health insurance (with an option to opt into a premium internal dental program)
- Commuter benefits for parking & transit
- Offer competitive paid parental leave policy for qualifying employees
- Flexible work from home options
- Open vacation policy
- Dog-friendly office space
- 401k Contribution
- Extended Education Assistance
- Employee Referral Program
- Competitive compensation package with stock options at a high-growth startup
- Fully stocked kitchen with snacks (make sure to use your quip after snacking!)
- Your very own quip with an unlimited subscription plan
- The opportunity to help us make oral care more simple, effective and accessible!
Most of us aren’t brushing our teeth correctly, either because we don’t know how to do it right, or because we just don’t feel like it. At quip, we design delightful products and experiences to help you care for your mouth better. Our initial product is a beautifully simple electric toothbrush and toothpaste that was featured by Time Magazine as one of the 25 Best Inventions of 2016. With refill brush heads and toothpaste arriving on a 3-monthly schedule. We pride ourselves on great design and our brand values of simplicity, honesty and accessibility, which are applied throughout our community. We are excited to apply these principles to the acceleration of our digital patient-professional advice and services platform.
quip is committed to promoting equality, inclusion, and diversity beyond your brushing routine. We believe our company is better equipped to care for every mouth when we listen to fresh perspectives from every voice, and in doing so, we build an equal-opportunity team of the brightest minds (and mouths)—regardless of race, gender, age, religion, sexual orientation, identity, or any other trait that makes you you. By celebrating and supporting our differences, we will thrive in our mission to improve oral health for all.