At quip, we design and deliver delightful products and services that keep your mouth healthy.
As a Hardware Quality Engineer on the Hardware Product Operations team, you will be responsible for managing end-to-end quality of the hardware (i.e. toothbrushes, flossers, dispensers, etc.) within quip’s product portfolio.
The ideal candidate would have a proven track record in managing quality for both components and finished goods. This role requires an in-depth understanding of materials, manufacturing processes, and significant experience in quality management. Data analysis and reporting skills are critical to this role.
- Be the lead Quality contact point for hardware products from development through production
- Plan, organize, direct and report on all Quality related activities such as components, assemblies, packaging, and contract manufactured items across the hardware platform
- Apply sound, systematic problem-solving methodologies, including but not limited to six sigma tools, in identifying, prioritizing, communicating, and resolving quality issues
- Manage the daily interactions and reporting with manufacturing / customer support / sourcing / procurement and establish internal and external quality processes
- Identify and implement effective process control systems to support the development, qualification, product transfers and on-going manufacturing of products to meet or exceed internal and external requirements
- Lead the implementation of process controls systems designed to meet internal and external requirements for all hardware products
- Identify and own internal and external quality engineering initiatives for hardware products
- Lead investigations for quality excursions using CAPA, 8D, and other tools
- Support on-site/off-site quality development for hardware products
- Participate in quality system audits and manage programs for quality systems improvements
- Onboards and manages suppliers to quality performance targets; tracking and trending supplier performance with scorecards
- Support and monitor suppliers compliance to FDA requirements, ISO 13485, ISO 9001, etc.
- Provide input to the supplier selection process for the quality items
- 3+ years of experience in quality engineering
- Analytical curiosity and ability to solve complex problems using data
- Experience completing quality deliverables during new product development and into production
- Broad general mechanical and electrical engineering knowledge
- Working knowledge of some or all: ISO 13485 and/or 21 Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) Part 820 Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Quality Systems Regulation (QSR), ISO 9001
- Experience developing and implementing sampling plans, IQ/OQ/PQ, and process controls
- Six Sigma/Lean certification preferred
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, internal and external to the company.
- Good interpersonal skills in dealing with a global supplier chain, peers and other functional areas
- Willing to travel domestically and internationally
- You'll be working in a high energy, fast-paced environment helping us make oral care simple and effective!
- An office located in the heart of DUMBO with breathtaking views of Manhattan Bridge (the office is currently remote in response to COVID-19)
- WiFi enabled rooftop
- Competitive medical benefit package (with an option to opt into a premium internal dental program)
- Commuter benefits for parking & transit
- Offer competitive paid parental leave policy for qualifying employees
- Flexible work from home options
- Open vacation policy
- Dog-friendly office space
- 401k Contribution
- Competitive compensation package
- Fully stocked kitchen with snacks (make sure to use your quip after snacking!)
- Your very own quip with employee discount packages
- The opportunity to help us make oral care more simple, effective and accessible!
Most of us aren’t brushing our teeth correctly, either because we don’t know how to do it right, or because we just don’t feel like it. At quip, we design delightful products and experiences to help you care for your mouth better. Our initial product is a beautifully simple electric toothbrush and toothpaste that was featured by Time Magazine as one of the 25 Best Inventions of 2016. With refill brush heads and toothpaste arriving on a 3-monthly schedule. We pride ourselves on great design and our brand values of simplicity, honesty, and accessibility, which are applied throughout our community. We are excited to apply these principles to the acceleration of our digital patient-professional advice and services platform.
quip is committed to promoting equality, inclusion, and diversity beyond your brushing routine. We believe our company is better equipped to care for every mouth when we listen to fresh perspectives from every voice, and in doing so, we build an equal-opportunity team of the brightest minds (and mouths)—regardless of race, gender, age, religion, sexual orientation, identity, or any other trait that makes you you. By celebrating and supporting our differences, we will thrive in our mission to improve oral health for all.