At quip, we design and deliver delightful products and services that keep your mouth healthy. From products to services (consumer store/subscription experience, dental practice wholesale, fulfillment, dental service search and booking - see our recent clear aligner announcement, “smart” bluetooth brush), you will have the chance to work at the forefront of providing an elevated user experience in a fast-changing industry.
We are looking for a Senior Full-Stack Engineer to join our growing team, with an opportunity to contribute to significant parts of a rapidly expanding online digital platform.
quip’s technology team works as an integrated unit with contributions from teams across the company and there is particularly close work within design, product, and engineering. Communication and collaboration are a critical part of the job. Our tech stack is mostly React on the frontend, and for the backend Ruby/Rails deployed on Heroku. We’ve made a significant investment in testing, CI/CD, and internal tooling, and plan to continue to invest even more on these initiatives.
We believe that languages can be learned: we care more about your engineering skill than knowledge of a particular language or framework. We’re looking to work with a team that has an interest in doing things the right way, automating the boring stuff, and making sure our systems are secure and our data is protected.
- Design and develop features for Quip’s web applications
- Designing and engineering great APIs
- Building great user interfaces using React, gatsby
- Integrate our applications with 3rd party APIs
- High-stakes work on revenue-generating production systems
- Help improve code quality through solid architecture, coding style, testing, and workflow
- 4+ years of experience building software or web applications
- Familiarity with UNIX/Linux, SQL, shell scripting, HTTP
- Desire to leverage past experience to make a business impact
- An opinion about what code to test and how to test it
- Ruby/Rails experience
- Worked in a HIPAA or other regulated compliance environment
- DevOps skill set
- Heroku deployment veteran
- You'll be working in a high energy, fast-paced environment helping us make oral care simple and effective!
- An office located in the heart of DUMBO with breathtaking views of Manhattan Bridge
- Competitive health insurance (with an option to opt into a premium internal dental program)
- Commuter benefits for parking & transit
- Offer competitive paid parental leave policy for qualifying employees
- Flexible work from home options
- Open vacation policy
- Dog-friendly office space
- 401k Contribution
- Extended Education Assistance
- Employee Referral Program
- Competitive compensation package with stock options at a high-growth startup
- Fully stocked kitchen with snacks (make sure to use your quip after snacking!)
- Generous employee discount on all quip products
- The opportunity to help us make oral care more simple, effective and accessible!
Most of us aren’t brushing our teeth correctly, either because we don’t know how to do it right, or because we just don’t feel like it. At quip, we design delightful products and experiences to help you care for your mouth better. Our initial product is a beautifully simple electric toothbrush and toothpaste that was featured by Time Magazine as one of the 25 Best Inventions of 2016. With refill brush heads and toothpaste arriving on a 3-monthly schedule. We pride ourselves on great design and our brand values of simplicity, honesty, and accessibility, which are applied throughout our community. We are excited to apply these principles to the acceleration of our digital patient-professional advice and services platform.
quip is committed to promoting equality, inclusion, and diversity beyond your brushing routine. We believe our company is better equipped to care for every mouth when we listen to fresh perspectives from every voice, and in doing so, we build an equal-opportunity team of the brightest minds (and mouths)—regardless of race, gender, age, religion, sexual orientation, identity, or any other trait that makes you you. By celebrating and supporting our differences, we will thrive in our mission to improve oral health for all.