At quip, we design and deliver delightful products and services that keep your mouth healthy.
We are a fast growing startup and are seeking an experienced product manager to help us refine our digital experience on mobile, and help to make oral health relevant, accessible, and interesting.
The Digital Product Manager will join a small, fast-moving product team, working cross-functionally with Product Design, Engineering, Brand, and Marketing teams to define the roadmap for the quip mobile app on iOS and Android. Reporting to our Director of Digital Product, you'll incorporate data, research, and product sense to inform product design and strategy while managing the product backlog and roadmap prioritization for an agile team.
The role requires a mix of competencies across modern mobile design and user experience, mobile development best practices, analytics and research, and project management.
- Developing product vision and strategy by working backward from the customer and defining / driving the overall mobile roadmap. Communicating this vision to senior leadership for buy-in
- Partner with data and analytics to understand user behavior, patterns, and potential opportunities for impact
- Use quantitative data and qualitative research to Identify new opportunities, and run experiments to validate hypotheses
- Collaborate with Product Design on prototypes to validate design concepts
- Work with a team of Engineers to evolve the iOS and Android apps in an agile environment
- Communicate the team’s plans, progress, and successes with the wider digital group and broader company
- Establish a creative process and culture that knows when to explore broadly and when to sweat the details
- Establish and foster a healthy culture of curiosity, experimentation, collaboration and inclusiveness across all disciplines
- 1+ years of experience managing consumer-facing mobile products
- Experience with deep user research and practice applying insights to tests and features
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to work effectively with both technical and non-technical audiences
- A great listener who loves giving and receiving honest, thoughtful feedback
- The ability to balance longer term planning with getting features out the door
- Familiarity with agile methodologies and software (we use Jira)
- You'll be working in a high energy, fast-paced environment helping us make oral care simple and effective!
- An office located in the heart of DUMBO with breathtaking views of Manhattan Bridge (the office currently remains remote in response to COVID-19)
- Fully covered health insurance (with an option to opt into a premium internal dental program)
- Commuter benefits for parking & transit
- Offer competitive paid parental leave policy for qualifying employees
- Flexible work from home options
- Open vacation policy
- Dog-friendly office space
- 401k Contribution
- Extended Education Assistance
- Employee Referral Program
- Competitive compensation package with stock options at a high-growth startup
- Fully stocked kitchen with snacks (make sure to use your quip after snacking!)
- Generous employee discount on all quip products
- The opportunity to help us make oral care more simple, effective and accessible!
Most of us aren’t brushing our teeth correctly, either because we don’t know how to do it right, or because we just don’t feel like it. At quip, we design delightful products and experiences to help you care for your mouth better. Our initial product is a beautifully simple electric toothbrush and toothpaste that was featured by Time Magazine as one of the 25 Best Inventions of 2016. With refill brush heads and toothpaste arriving on a 3-monthly schedule. We pride ourselves on great design and our brand values of simplicity, honesty, and accessibility, which are applied throughout our community. We are excited to apply these principles to the acceleration of our digital patient-professional advice and services platform.
quip is committed to promoting equality, inclusion, and diversity beyond your brushing routine. We believe our company is better equipped to care for every mouth when we listen to fresh perspectives from every voice, and in doing so, we build an equal-opportunity team of the brightest minds (and mouths)—regardless of race, gender, age, religion, sexual orientation, identity, or any other trait that makes you you. By celebrating and supporting our differences, we will thrive in our mission to improve oral health for all.