At quip, we design and deliver delightful products and services that keep your mouth healthy.
Over the past five years, we have grown a large community of millions of active consumer-members and tens of thousands of dental professional members through our direct to consumer channels. At the end of 2018 we launched nationwide in Target which has helped to further accelerate our growth and brand awareness across the United States. In 2020 we are looking to continue to expand into more households and release more products and services to make oral care from your daily routine more simple, accessible, and enjoyable to everyone.
We are a fast growing startup looking for an experienced Retail Account Executive with primary ownership of managing and growing quip’s Walmart account. This role will work within the Retail team, reporting into the VP of Business Development & Partnerships, and partnering with the Operations, Finance, and Marketing teams as well as our partner broker to support growth initiatives in the channel. Your contributions will help ensure in-store merchandising placement & execution, new product launches, and overall growth at retail.
The Retail team is part of the Business Development department and aims to drive total performance of our retail accounts through a combination of strong internal and external relationships and data-driven strategy.
- Own total performance of key retail partner Walmart as well as other strategic accounts
- Develop strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Lead strategy and execution of retail channels including:
- Product assortment - Maximizing productivity of product mix and NPI strategy
- In-store and .com merchandising - Overall brand presentation and execution of temporary and long-term displays/fixtures
- Retail marketing - Strategy and investment in channel marketing vehicles
- Report on productivity and provide insights into opportunities
- Collaborate cross-functionally with the Operations, Finance & Marketing teams to ensure OTIF performance on all programs
- Drive innovation focused on optimizing current program and building/testing new programs and opportunities
- Maintain a strong understanding of trends, competitive landscape and how they relate to quip’s goals
- Be the source of truth for interdepartmental requests and on business questions for these retail accounts
- 4+ years of Account Management experience (CPG and/or mass/grocery retail experience preferred)
- Proven track record of success in managing, analyzing, and growing key accounts
- Comprehensive understanding of the retail lifecycle and familiarity with retailer seasonal considerations
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong attention to detail with effective prioritization and organization skills
- Ability to clearly articulate and present ideas both in written and oral presentations
- Thrives in a fast-paced startup environment where self-direction and initiative are highly encouraged
- Passionate, driven and eager to learn and grown
- Possess strong quantitative and problem-solving skills, innovative thinking and vision
- Experience with syndicated data preferred
- You'll be working in a high energy, fast-paced environment helping us make oral care simple and effective!
- An office located in the heart of DUMBO with breathtaking views of Manhattan Bridge
- WiFi enabled rooftop
- Competitive medical benefit package (with an option to opt into a premium internal dental program)
- Commuter benefits for parking & transit
- Offer competitive paid parental leave policy for qualifying employees
- Flexible work from home options
- Open vacation policy
- Dog-friendly office space
- 401k Contribution
- Competitive compensation package
- Bonus pool eligibility
- Fully stocked kitchen with snacks (make sure to use your quip after snacking!)
- Your very own quip with employee discount packages
- The opportunity to help us make oral care more simple, effective and accessible!
Most of us aren’t brushing our teeth correctly, either because we don’t know how to do it right, or because we just don’t feel like it. At quip, we design delightful products and experiences to help you care for your mouth better. Our initial product is a beautifully simple electric toothbrush and toothpaste that was featured by Time Magazine as one of the 25 Best Inventions of 2016. With refill brush heads and toothpaste arriving on a 3-monthly schedule. We pride ourselves on great design and our brand values of simplicity, honesty, and accessibility, which are applied throughout our community. We are excited to apply these principles to the acceleration of our digital patient-professional advice and services platform.
quip is committed to promoting equality, inclusion, and diversity beyond your brushing routine. We believe our company is better equipped to care for every mouth when we listen to fresh perspectives from every voice, and in doing so, we build an equal-opportunity team of the brightest minds (and mouths)—regardless of race, gender, age, religion, sexual orientation, identity, or any other trait that makes you you. By celebrating and supporting our differences, we will thrive in our mission to improve oral health for all.