At quip, we design and deliver delightful and effective ways to keep your mouth healthy, from the personal care products that help you at home every day, to the professional care services you require at least twice a year.
Over the past five years, we have grown a large digital platform and community of millions of active consumer-members and tens of thousands of dental professional members through our direct to consumer channels. At the end of 2018, we launched nationwide in Target which has helped to further accelerate our growth and brand awareness across the United States. In 2021, we are continuing to expand into more households and release more products and services to make oral care in daily routines more simple, accessible, and enjoyable to everyone.
The Financial Analyst will be a valuable addition to the quip family. This position offers the opportunity to provide critical business intelligence that empower senior management to make sound decisions. By way of first-class management reporting, diligent analyses, and strategic modeling, the Finance team delivers timely results and encourages open discussion and creative solutions to improve the quality of our work as the business grows. This position plays a vital role in achieving these goals, and the incumbent should have an entrepreneurial drive, be able to interact with a variety of people, develop and maintain complex models, demonstrate flexibility, and meet rapid deadlines.
This role will report into the Sr. Manager of Strategic Planning, and will have broad exposure to executive management and other key functions across the business.
- Develop a detailed understanding of the key financial and operational metrics for each of quip’s business units
- Establish, track, and monitor key operating metrics to help maximize performance
- Build and iterate on complex financial models covering all aspects of quip’s business that will enable effective decision-making regarding our revenue, growth strategy, and cost structure
- Plan and support broad financial analyses, including investment cases, product profitability and pricing analysis, to drive business strategy, improve efficiency, and maximize ROI
- Partner with key stakeholders across the business to drive forecast and planning cadence in conjunction with monthly and quarterly outlooks and annual planning cycles
- Partner with Finance and Accounting teams to develop financial procedures supporting analysis and reporting for existing and future products
- Support the annual operating budget process, track and report on performance relative to plan on a rolling basis
- Identify and implement process improvements and build scalable processes
- Update / modify existing reports / dashboards as needed
- Partner closely with key stakeholders across the business to help drive the FP&A function as a proven center of analytical excellence
- Assist in preparation of materials for investors and Board of Director meetings
- BS in Finance, Economics or comparable discipline
- At least 2-5 years of experience in investment banking or in a similar role at a high-growth start-up
- Superior analytical and modeling skills; ability to summarize detailed analyses / data into executive-level presentation
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with data visualization tools (e.g. Looker) a plus
- Working knowledge of GAAP accounting and financial principles
- You'll be working in a high energy, fast-paced environment helping us make oral care simple and effective!
- An office located in the heart of DUMBO with breathtaking views of Manhattan Bridge (currently remote)
- Competitive health insurance packages (with an option to opt into a premium internal dental program)
- Commuter benefits for parking & transit
- Competitive paid parental leave policy for qualifying employees
- Flexible work from home options
- Open vacation policy
- Dog-friendly office space
- 401k Contribution
- Employee Bonus Referral Program
- Extended Education Assistance
- Competitive compensation package with stock options at a high-growth startup
- Fully stocked kitchen with snacks (make sure to use your quip after snacking!)
- Your very own quip with an unlimited subscription plan
Most of us aren’t brushing our teeth correctly, either because we don’t know how to do it right, or because we just don’t feel like it. At quip, we design delightful products and experiences to help you care for your mouth better. Our initial product is a beautiful, simple electric toothbrush and toothpaste that was featured by Time Magazine as one of the 25 Best Inventions of 2016. With refill brush heads and toothpaste arriving on a 3-monthly schedule, we are now growing our physical and digital product and service line with that same standard of design to help with the whole of our members’ oral care routines. We pride ourselves on great design and our brand values of simplicity, honesty and accessibility are applied throughout our community.
quip is committed to promoting equality, inclusion, and diversity beyond your brushing routine. We believe our company is better equipped to care for every mouth when we listen to fresh perspectives from every voice, and in doing so, we build an equal-opportunity team of the brightest minds (and mouths)—regardless of race, gender, age, religion, sexual orientation, identity, or any other trait that makes you you. By celebrating and supporting our differences, we will thrive in our mission to improve oral health for all.