At quip, we design and deliver delightful and effective ways to keep your mouth healthy, from the personal care products that help you at home every day, to the professional care services you require at least twice a year.
We're looking for a Designer, Retail & Packaging to join our Brand Design team and propel quip in developing world-class content, in-store signage, experiential marketing activations, packaging support, omnichannel merchandising, and more to build on and express our brand identity, mission, and values.
The ideal candidate is a well rounded mid-level designer with experience in both print production and designing within print-ready dielines to support in store retail as well as digital experiences to support quip on our retail partners’ ecommerce sites. Able to work closely with marketing, growth, industrial design and other disciplines, this role will ensure our visual identity, color, graphics, product renders and more come to life in our growing retail efforts. You can improve processes that further quip’s design discipline, and definitely sweat the details but don’t let them impede the path to the bigger picture.
- Support brand retail design and merchandising at point of sale and implement a voice in line with quip’s global brand objectives
- Work collaboratively to concept, pitch and execute on quarterly and seasonal displays including end-caps, in-aisle signage, shippers and more
- In coordination with Hardware and Creative Operations, work to ensure any stickering, additional collateral, pamphlets or other components are properly executed
- Support the packaging team in day to day efforts consisting of but not limited to evergreen updates, new product development, and continued packaging improvements driven by cost and/or quality
- Ensure projects and deliverables are print-ready and designed to production specifications
- Work closely with the BizDev team to design and manage consistency of quip’s presence across all retailer’s ecommerce sites
- Develop and execute design strategies that support concepts, products, campaigns, events, retail partners, providers, and other corporate initiatives
- Be a guardian of brand expression including tone, identity and style, etc.
- Collaborate closely with Graphic Design/Art Direction and Copy to advance a consistent vision within the brand design team
- Bring ideas to the table that shape the quip brand across all retailers in team meetings
- 4+ years experience in design, print production, packaging design, or related discipline
- Strong interpersonal/communication skills and a high level of strategic thinking.
- Well-versed working with external production vendors and printers
- Degree in Design, 3D Graphic Design, Marketing, Communications or a related field.
- Strong attention to detail and a consistent ‘backup plan’ mentality and resourcefulness
- Superior design, presentation and project management skills.
- Ability to manage and / or collaborate with internal and external cross-functional groups.
- Ability to succinctly communicate both verbally and in writing
- Fluent written and spoken English language skills.
- You'll be working in a high energy, fast-paced environment helping us make oral care simple and effective!
- An office located in the heart of DUMBO with breathtaking views of Manhattan Bridge (the role is currently remote in response to the COVID-19 pandemic)
- Fully covered health insurance (with an option to opt into a premium internal dental program)
- Commuter benefits for parking & transit
- Offer competitive paid parental leave policy for qualifying employees
- Flexible work from home options
- Open vacation policy
- Dog-friendly office space
- 401k Contribution
- Extended Education Assistance
- Employee Referral Program
- Competitive compensation package with stock options at a high-growth startup
- Fully stocked kitchen with snacks (make sure to use your quip after snacking!)
- Your very own quip with an unlimited subscription plan
- The opportunity to help us make oral care more simple, effective and accessible!
Most of us aren’t brushing our teeth correctly, either because we don’t know how to do it right, or because we just don’t feel like it. At quip, we design delightful products and experiences to help you care for your mouth better. Our initial product is a beautifully simple electric toothbrush and toothpaste that was featured by Time Magazine as one of the 25 Best Inventions of 2016. With refill brush heads and toothpaste arriving on a 3-monthly schedule. We pride ourselves on great design and our brand values of simplicity, honesty and accessibility, which are applied throughout our community. We are excited to apply these principles to the acceleration of our digital patient-professional advice and services platform.
quip is committed to promoting equality, inclusion, and diversity beyond your brushing routine. We believe our company is better equipped to care for every mouth when we listen to fresh perspectives from every voice, and in doing so, we build an equal-opportunity team of the brightest minds (and mouths)—regardless of race, gender, age, religion, sexual orientation, identity, or any other trait that makes you you. By celebrating and supporting our differences, we will thrive in our mission to improve oral health for all.