At quip, we design and deliver delightful products and services that keep your mouth healthy.
As the Quality Manager on the Hardware Product Operations team, you will be responsible for leading quality across quip’s diverse product portfolio to ensure our customers consistently receive high quality and reliable products.
The ideal candidate would have a proven track record in leading customer focused product and supplier quality teams. This role requires an in-depth understanding of product development, manufacturing processes, and significant experience in supplier quality management. Data analysis and driving change are skills critical to this role.
- Grow and develop quip’s quality team overseeing FDA/ISO 13485 regulated consumer medical devices, consumables, and OTC drug products
- Champion scalable quality standards, training, performance, and improvements initiatives across the organization and global suppliers
- Utilize manufacturing, field, and Voice of the Customer (VoC) data to identify, prioritize, and drive improvement in products and processes
- Establish quality monitoring mechanisms which generate meaningful metrics
- Define and implement best practices and standards to build a world class quality system
- Lead triage, failure analysis, and resolution on quality issues and escalations
- Develop relevant criteria for supplier selection, onboard suppliers, and oversee supplier quality performance and audits
- Ensure suppliers are compliant with FDA requirements, ISO 13485, ISO 9001
- Supports domestic and international on-site/off-site supplier quality development
- Ensure manufacturing process controls, test plans, and build objectives align with product specification and UX expectations
- 5+ years experience in Supplier, Manufacturing, or Product Quality for high volume consumer electronics, CPG, medical device, or consumable/OTC products
- Track record of managing a team or leading cross-functional teams, and influencing others across all levels in the organization in a fast past environment
- Excellent analytical and data analysis abilities to solve complex problems and drive results
- Deep understanding of manufacturing methods, process controls, and supply chain operations
- Experienced developing and setting standards for process quality plans, statistical process control, supplier qualification and quality audits, and root cause/failure analysis
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills, ability to work in multinational environments, driven and motivated by accomplishing world-class objectives
- Bonus - Working knowledge of and product/supplier compliance to the 21 Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) Part 820 Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Quality Systems Regulation (QSR) and/or ISO 13485 quality system standard
- You'll be working in a high energy, fast-paced environment helping us make oral care simple and effective!
- An office located in the heart of DUMBO with breathtaking views of Manhattan Bridge
- WiFi enabled rooftop
- Competitive medical benefit package (with an option to opt into a premium internal dental program)
- Commuter benefits for parking & transit
- Offer competitive paid parental leave policy for qualifying employees
- Flexible work from home options
- Open vacation policy
- Dog-friendly office space
- 401k Contribution
- Competitive compensation package
- Fully stocked kitchen with snacks (make sure to use your quip after snacking!)
- Your very own quip with employee discount packages
- The opportunity to help us make oral care more simple, effective and accessible!
Most of us aren’t brushing our teeth correctly, either because we don’t know how to do it right, or because we just don’t feel like it. At quip, we design delightful products and experiences to help you care for your mouth better. Our initial product is a beautifully simple electric toothbrush and toothpaste that was featured by Time Magazine as one of the 25 Best Inventions of 2016. With refill brush heads and toothpaste arriving on a 3-monthly schedule. We pride ourselves on great design and our brand values of simplicity, honesty, and accessibility, which are applied throughout our community. We are excited to apply these principles to the acceleration of our digital patient-professional advice and services platform.
quip is committed to promoting equality, inclusion, and diversity beyond your brushing routine. We believe our company is better equipped to care for every mouth when we listen to fresh perspectives from every voice, and in doing so, we build an equal-opportunity team of the brightest minds (and mouths)—regardless of race, gender, age, religion, sexual orientation, identity, or any other trait that makes you you. By celebrating and supporting our differences, we will thrive in our mission to improve oral health for all.