At quip, we design and deliver delightful products and services that keep your mouth healthy.
As the Head of Sourcing on the Hardware Product Operations team, you will be responsible for developing processes and managing both finished goods and commodities across quip’s Hardware, Packaging, and Consumables portfolio. This individual will manage supplier business relationships which include cost, cashflow, contract negotiations, quality, and continuity of supply. This person will be responsible for developing and executing sourcing strategies with contract managers and from a wide variety of component manufacturers.
The ideal candidate would have a proven track record of commodity strategy creation, process documentation and optimization, leading strategic sourcing, developing contract negotiation strategy, cost engineering, and risk prevention and mitigation. This role requires an in-depth understanding of supply base industry players, manufacturing processes and quality and significant experience building a secure, high-performance, flexible, and stable supply base.
- Lead and mentor team members
- Build out strategies for all commodity types
- Own strategic sourcing activities and new source identification by understanding core competencies and by monitoring changes in buyer and supplier power within core materials market, using industry dynamics to quip’s advantage
- This role includes sourcing, negotiation of cost and terms, onboarding suppliers, managing supplier relationships and performance with primary, raw material and sub-tier suppliers
- Ensure NDAs, MSAs, SOWs are positioned appropriately before business is initiated, manages and reports on supplier spend, cash flow impact. capacity plans, risk mitigation plans.
- Drive multi-sourcing and create competitive environments with suppliers to incentivize quarterly cost reduction targets
- Lead RFQ/RFI process for NPIs, developing a should-cost model, and negotiate to achieve product cost targets
- Create and present detailed commodity strategies to senior leadership on a frequent basis
- Develop key supplier performance metrics and organize QBRs (Quarterly Business Reviews) with key suppliers to review quality, delivery, cost performance and improvement plan
- Key owner for the supplier relationship. With technology partners, and in accordance with the commodity strategy, drive supplier selection, qualification, development and overall supplier management.
- Interface with cross functional teams to assess current and future sourcing requirements.
- Collaborate cross functionally, communicating to senior management about any potential issue which can affect quip’s products.
- At least 5+ years of experience in Global Supply Management
- Ability to lead through influence
- Extensive industry relationships across Hardware contract manufacturing, EE component, ME component, and consumable supply base
- Experience managing a broad range of commodity types, including contract manufacturing
- Develop, document and execute on RFI, RFQ, cost engineering, contract negotiations, and business award processes
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills, ability to work in multinational environments, driven and motivated by accomplishing world-class objectives
- Exceptional analytical and Excel skills
- Exceptional negotiation skills
- Ability to influence across multiple functional teams.
- Flexibility to adapt to dynamic and rapidly changing environments.
- You'll be working in a high energy, fast-paced environment helping us make oral care simple and effective!
- An office located in the heart of DUMBO with breathtaking views of Manhattan Bridge; Flexible work from home options (in response to Covid-19)
- Full health insurance and dental coverage options
- Commuter benefits for parking & transit
- Offer competitive paid parental leave policy for qualifying employees
- Open vacation policy
- Dog-friendly office space
- 401k Offered through MassMutual
- Extended Education Assistance
- Employee Referral Program
- Competitive compensation package with stock options at a high-growth startup
- Generous employee discount on all quip products
- The opportunity to help us make oral care more simple, effective and accessible!
Most of us aren’t brushing our teeth correctly, either because we don’t know how to do it right, or because we just don’t feel like it. At quip, we design delightful products and experiences to help you care for your mouth better. Our initial product is a beautifully simple electric toothbrush and toothpaste that was featured by Time Magazine as one of the 25 Best Inventions of 2016. With refill brush heads and toothpaste arriving on a 3-monthly schedule. We pride ourselves on great design and our brand values of simplicity, honesty, and accessibility, which are applied throughout our community. We are excited to apply these principles to the acceleration of our digital patient-professional advice and services platform.
quip is committed to promoting equality, inclusion, and diversity beyond your brushing routine. We believe our company is better equipped to care for every mouth when we listen to fresh perspectives from every voice, and in doing so, we build an equal-opportunity team of the brightest minds (and mouths)—regardless of race, gender, age, religion, sexual orientation, identity, or any other trait that makes you you. By celebrating and supporting our differences, we will thrive in our mission to improve oral health for all.