quip’s Innovation team is looking for an industrial design intern to help build our product portfolio, including both existing and in-process products. You will dive deep into concept development, brainstorms, and help create the future of product at quip. You will be operating on a team of 5 designers and engineers to bring to life an aggressive product roadmap that impacts hundreds of thousands of quip subscribers. You’ll work with multiple disciplines and contribute concepts, thinking, research, and high fidelity form development to the design of our newest products. You’ll be collaborating with a team of 50+ team members including marketing, graphic design, supply chain, and finance. You should be adept at communication concepts through various mediums, including sketching, surface modeling, 3D printing and model making.
quip’s Innovation team prides itself on creative problem solving that bucks most ordinary practice. When we envision a product with unparalleled user experience, it requires a rigor of method, a depth of intelligence, and a penchant for delight not found in everyday products. If you’re ridiculously passionate about good design, we want to talk.
Timeframe: (3) months starting in September 2021, start & end dates are flexible
Internship Type: Full-Time, 40 hours per week
Must be based in NYC for the duration of the internship
- Expertise with final fit and finish that provides unparalleled user experience across every snap, hinge, button, and parting line.
- Ability to design cost-consciously around moldmaking, being mindful of materials, complexity, and part weight.
- Communicate findings clearly, with a mind to condense and clarify a mixture of inputs
- Strong hand-sketching or other concept development techniques
- Must demonstrate the knowledge necessary to use tools such as SolidWorks/Fusion 360, Keyshot, and Adobe Creative Suite
- Strong and effective verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to think of creative user-focused experiences and designs.
- Ability to deftly prototype solutions using a mix of samples, handwork, FDM printing, and SLA 3D printing (Form 2)
- Knowing best practices for SLA/FDM 3D printing is a plus
- You'll be working in a high energy, fast-paced environment helping us make oral care simple and effective!
- An office located in the heart of DUMBO with breathtaking views of Manhattan Bridge
- WiFi enabled rooftop
- Competitive medical benefit package (with an option to opt into a premium internal dental program)
- Commuter benefits for parking & transit
- Offer competitive paid parental leave policy for qualifying employees
- Open vacation policy
- Dog-friendly office space
- 401k Contribution
- Competitive compensation package
- Fully stocked kitchen with snacks (make sure to use your quip after snacking!)
- Your very own quip with employee discount packages
- The opportunity to help us make oral care more simple, effective and accessible!
Most of us aren’t brushing our teeth correctly, either because we don’t know how to do it right, or because we just don’t feel like it. At quip, we design delightful products and experiences to help you care for your mouth better. Our initial product is a beautifully simple electric toothbrush and toothpaste that was featured by Time Magazine as one of the 25 Best Inventions of 2016. With refill brush heads and toothpaste arriving on a 3-monthly schedule. We pride ourselves on great design and our brand values of simplicity, honesty, and accessibility, which are applied throughout our community. We are excited to apply these principles to the acceleration of our digital patient-professional advice and services platform.
quip is committed to promoting equality, inclusion, and diversity beyond your brushing routine. We believe our company is better equipped to care for every mouth when we listen to fresh perspectives from every voice, and in doing so, we build an equal-opportunity team of the brightest minds (and mouths)—regardless of race, gender, age, religion, sexual orientation, identity, or any other trait that makes you you. By celebrating and supporting our differences, we will thrive in our mission to improve oral health for all.