At quip, we design and deliver delightful products and services that keep your mouth healthy.
Over the past five years, we’ve built a community of millions of quip members through our personal oral care line across eCommerce and national retailers. As we continue to expand our product offerings we are looking for a Senior Hardware Product Manager to join our Hardware Development group. In this role you will be responsible for executing a strong vision for improving, refreshing and growing our range of products.
You have experience mobilizing cross-functional teams to coordinate, execute, and deliver on a vision for the hardware product roadmap that aligns with quip’s mission at every level. quip’s Hardware Innovation team prides itself on creative problem solving that bucks most ordinary practice. When we envision a product with unparalleled user experience, it requires a rigor of method, a depth of intelligence, and a penchant for delight not found in everyday products. If you’re ridiculously passionate about good design, we want to talk.
- Develop, implement and own the process for Lifecycle Management for both Hardware and Consumables.
- Drive product strategy and develop KPI’s for how we measure success and customer satisfaction for a product over time.
- Pair insights with business expertise and strategic thinking, to develop, prioritize and manage the hardware and consumables roadmap.
- Use data modeling and analysis techniques to discover insights that will guide strategic decision making and help prioritize and optimize business opportunities.
- Create regular reports and presentations to keep the organization informed about product performance and offer data-driven insights about what improved products or product lines will have a meaningful impact in the market as well as to our business.
- Communicate research findings through persuasive and compelling arguments that provide the hardware team with recommendations on what will make for a successful product.
- Ensure the company understands why we are building a product, by delivering an effective and engaging vision that motivates the entire organization.
- Manage expectations with leadership and create organization-wide alignment for hardware priorities, features and product releases.
- Engage different business functions in innovation sessions to explore and prioritize opportunities for existing and new product lines.
- Help drive and establish product requirements for new product initiatives that fit with the broader product strategy.
- Accomplish team objectives by managing staff; planning and evaluating department activities against resources. Maintain staff by recruiting, selecting, and training new team members.
- Partner with cross-functional teams to maintain a 360 perspective for each product line:
- Design research and Insights teams to be the voice of the customer and to advocate for solutions based on research and qualitative feedback that address users needs, aspirations and pain points.
- Product Marketing to conduct market analysis, identify target markets or white spaces, conduct competitive analysis and develop value propositions that fit with the broader portfolio strategy.
- Engineering, Quality and Customer Service to assess impact of most common returns and help prioritize quality improvements against other product related improvements.
- Digital product, product marketing, finance and retail stakeholders to provide input into pricing, go-to-market, and sales forecasts as well as helping to develop effective sales and merchandising strategies for all products.
- Broader hardware team to help drive R&D and interweave cutting-edge technology into product roadmaps.
- 5+ years of product management experience in the hardware space
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Design, Engineering, or equivalent experience
- Previous experience bringing products to market
- Experience with developing the product vision and requirements for successful product experience
- Well versed in translating business goals into technical requirements, and have demonstrated analytical skills and business acumen
- Success working in a startup environment
- Experience in healthcare or oral care space
- Experience managing strategy for consumables such as toothpaste
- MBA or equivalent degree
- You'll be working in a high energy, fast-paced environment helping us make oral care simple and effective!
- An office located in the heart of DUMBO with breathtaking views of Manhattan Bridge; Flexible work from home options (in response to Covid-19)
- Full health insurance and dental coverage options
- Commuter benefits for parking & transit
- Offer competitive paid parental leave policy for qualifying employees
- Open vacation policy
- Dog-friendly office space
- 401k Offered through MassMutual
- Extended Education Assistance
- Employee Referral Program
- Competitive compensation package with stock options at a high-growth startup
- Generous employee discount on all quip products
- The opportunity to help us make oral care more simple, effective and accessible!
Most of us aren’t brushing our teeth correctly, either because we don’t know how to do it right, or because we just don’t feel like it. At quip, we design delightful products and experiences to help you care for your mouth better. Our initial product is a beautifully simple electric toothbrush and toothpaste that was featured by Time Magazine as one of the 25 Best Inventions of 2016. With refill brush heads and toothpaste arriving on a 3-monthly schedule. We pride ourselves on great design and our brand values of simplicity, honesty, and accessibility, which are applied throughout our community. We are excited to apply these principles to the acceleration of our digital patient-professional advice and services platform.
quip is committed to promoting equality, inclusion, and diversity beyond your brushing routine. We believe our company is better equipped to care for every mouth when we listen to fresh perspectives from every voice, and in doing so, we build an equal-opportunity team of the brightest minds (and mouths)—regardless of race, gender, age, religion, sexual orientation, identity, or any other trait that makes you you. By celebrating and supporting our differences, we will thrive in our mission to improve oral health for all.