quip is a modern oral health company that designs and delivers products and services that keep your mouth healthy.
We are looking for a creative, analytical, and collaborative doer to join our fast-growing team. The Manager of Consumer Research & Insights will partner with Product, Brand Marketing and Growth teams to provide market insights, analysis, and recommendations that drive a more efficient and robust marketing strategy. This individual will be responsible for owning the stakeholder relationships, building, and executing strategic research plans. The right candidate is hands-on and likes to dig into business challenges, and has a creative, out-of-the-box beginner's mind approach to research and analytical design — passionate about the stories found in the data and delivering insights that propel business momentum.
This role is a member of the brand marketing team, reporting to the Director of Marketing.
- Work with internal partners to assess business needs and transform them into meaningful research and research plans; provide strategic recommendations to team members so they can execute more effectively
- Partner with cross-functional teams to define business questions, develop research plans, and provide analytical expertise to inform marketing communications, pricing strategy, digital products (website merchandising & mobile app), and product development
- Research will focus on provider and consumer segments, marketing communications strategies and advertising messaging, claims development, concept and creative testing, and media effectiveness
- Lead consumer insight development to ensure insights are translated into actionable product innovation pipeline development
- Maintain detailed knowledge and understanding of consumer and customer needs, competitors and oral care industry trends
- Utilizing visualizations and presentations to deliver insights to stakeholders and teams involved
- Manage relationship with any external research partners by defining scope of work, timeline, and budget
- Ensure data integrity by leveraging proven methodologies, including data reconciliation, data integration, and data audits
- 3+ years of experience in market research, market or consumer insights and analysis or related experience
- Bachelor’s Degree is required; Market Research, Business Administration, Social Sciences, Statistics or a related field preferred
- Experience working for a marketing research agency, brand strategy consultancy, advertising agency, or client-side experience in a market insights/analytics function is a plus
- A proven track record of converting data into actionable insights that drive marketing strategy. Demonstrated ability to understand, interpret and apply advanced analytics to solve business issues is required.
- Experience with qualitative & quantitative research from ideation to impact; technical market research and analytical expertise and conversant in a range of quantitative and qualitative research techniques and syndicated business analysis is required.
- Outstanding communication skills; ability to think analytically to understand complex or ambiguous problems or issues and communicate solutions / conclusions clearly and concisely; data visualization skills are a must.
- Healthcare, oral care or CPG experience preferred
- You'll be working in a high energy, fast-paced environment helping us make oral care simple and effective!
- An office located in the heart of DUMBO with breathtaking views of Manhattan Bridge
- Competitive health insurance (with an option to opt into a premium internal dental program)
- Commuter benefits for parking & transit
- Offer competitive paid parental leave policy for qualifying employees
- Flexible work from home options
- Open vacation policy
- Dog-friendly office space
- 401k plan through MassMutual
- Extended Education Assistance
- Employee Referral Program
- Competitive compensation package with stock options at a high-growth startup
- Fully stocked kitchen with snacks (make sure to use your quip after snacking!)
- Generous employee discount on all quip products
- The opportunity to help us make oral care more simple, effective and accessible!
Most of us aren’t brushing our teeth correctly, either because we don’t know how to do it right, or because we just don’t feel like it. At quip, we design delightful products and experiences to help you care for your mouth better. Our initial product is a beautifully simple electric toothbrush and toothpaste that was featured by Time Magazine as one of the 25 Best Inventions of 2016. With refill brush heads and toothpaste arriving on a 3-monthly schedule. We pride ourselves on great design and our brand values of simplicity, honesty, and accessibility, which are applied throughout our community. We are excited to apply these principles to the acceleration of our digital patient-professional advice and services platform.
quip is committed to promoting equality, inclusion, and diversity beyond your brushing routine. We believe our company is better equipped to care for every mouth when we listen to fresh perspectives from every voice, and in doing so, we build an equal-opportunity team of the brightest minds (and mouths)—regardless of race, gender, age, religion, sexual orientation, identity, or any other trait that makes you you. By celebrating and supporting our differences, we will thrive in our mission to improve oral health for all.