quip is a modern oral health company that designs and delivers products and services that keep your mouth healthy.
We are seeking a highly motivated individual with a passion for innovation, new product development, and continuous improvement to lead product marketing for quip. This is a unique opportunity to shape multiple aspects of the innovation pipeline and product development plans within a dynamic, fast-growing marketing organization. The right candidate has the ability to think both long-term about strategic opportunity and white space territories for growth and short-term about how to continuously improve an existing portfolio. This person understands the value of relationship-building and cross-team influence to drive results. Must possess a keen marketing / consumer curiosity and the strong leadership skills to pursue each project with enthusiasm and passion.
This role is a member of the brand marketing team, reporting to the Director of Marketing.
- Shape pipeline by identifying strategic white-space opportunities for new innovation and product development; collaborate with insight partners and product managers on ideation, business case creation, and chartering projects.
- Identify innovation opportunities based on unmet consumer needs, category trends, retail opportunities, or underserved consumer groups; develop strategic plans to capitalize on these opportunities and gain cross-company buy-in to pursue.
- Represent the marketing team in project scoping and chartering, defining marketing requirement documents to define success from the consumer perspective. Work collaboratively across teams to ensure that marketing requirements for new innovation projects are met.
- Collaborate with broader marketing and business development teams to infuse insights from the development process into the creation of go-to-market plans to launch new innovation across DTC and retail, including messaging frameworks, packaging design, sell-in decks, and campaign creative briefs.
- Monitor existing product performance and feedback from consumers on product experience; develop research plans and test & learn initiatives to gain insights into how to continuously improve existing portfolio products.
- 3+ years experience in brand marketing, integrated marketing or product marketing with proven results. Experience with innovation pipeline development and consumer research & insights preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, marketing or a related field. Graduate degree preferred.
- Creative, self-directed and resourceful marketer with a desire to establish a best-in-class programs for quip.
- Excellent relationship-building, verbal and written communication skills. Strong attention to detail.
- Experience collaborating with cross-functional groups at a dynamic company.
- Keen awareness of process and what needs to happen when in order to effectively manage many moving parts of equal importance under tight deadlines.
- Research and quantitative skills to analyze performance data, uncover insights, and make recommendations for improvement.
- Ability to work and achieve success in an ever-changing, fast-paced environment.
- You'll be working in a high energy, fast-paced environment helping us make oral care simple and effective!
- An office located in the heart of DUMBO with breathtaking views of Manhattan Bridge; Flexible work from home options (in response to Covid-19)
- Full health insurance and dental coverage options
- Commuter benefits for parking & transit
- Offer competitive paid parental leave policy for qualifying employees
- Open vacation policy
- Dog-friendly office space
- 401k Offered through MassMutual
- Extended Education Assistance
- Employee Referral Program
- Competitive compensation package with stock options at a high-growth startup
- Generous employee discount on all quip products
- The opportunity to help us make oral care more simple, effective and accessible!
Most of us aren’t brushing our teeth correctly, either because we don’t know how to do it right, or because we just don’t feel like it. At quip, we design delightful products and experiences to help you care for your mouth better. Our initial product is a beautifully simple electric toothbrush and toothpaste that was featured by Time Magazine as one of the 25 Best Inventions of 2016. With refill brush heads and toothpaste arriving on a 3-monthly schedule. We pride ourselves on great design and our brand values of simplicity, honesty, and accessibility, which are applied throughout our community. We are excited to apply these principles to the acceleration of our digital patient-professional advice and services platform.
quip is committed to promoting equality, inclusion, and diversity beyond your brushing routine. We believe our company is better equipped to care for every mouth when we listen to fresh perspectives from every voice, and in doing so, we build an equal-opportunity team of the brightest minds (and mouths)—regardless of race, gender, age, religion, sexual orientation, identity, or any other trait that makes you you. By celebrating and supporting our differences, we will thrive in our mission to improve oral health for all.