At quip, we design and deliver delightful products and services that keep your mouth healthy.
As a Sr. Product Quality Manager- NPI (New Product Introduction) Engineer on the Hardware Product Operations team, you will be responsible for developing and managing NPI Quality Processes across quip’s portfolio of Hardware and Consumable products. This individual will be accountable for ensuring that the more subjective elements, along with the physical aspects of product quality are understood, characterized, documented in specifications, tested, and tracked. This role will be the advocate for our customers, ensuring that our products meet a high bar for product performance, cosmetic, and user perception standards.
The ideal candidate would have experience with the development and providing support for key inspection roles.
- Own product quality during the NPI phases that include, concept, design, development, validation, product launch, and throughout the product life cycle
- Lead a cross-group New Product Quality Council to develop a list of the elements that are critical to quality (both subjective and measurable) and lead the council to evaluate the attainment of those elements at the exit of each phase, raising concerns as the advocate to the customer
- Attend design reviews, lead risk analysis exercises (DFMEA and PFMEA), and participate in phase gate exit reviews to provide input on quality concerns and drive compliance to intent of design and user experience
- Understanding the specifications as well understanding and communicate the supplier’s ability to meet the specifications and cost targets
- Manage quality aspects of the product at each of the prototype and factory development builds
- Facilitate and lead data analysis. Develop value-added and actionable information/reports
- Facilitate and lead root cause analysis (5Whys, Fishbone, FMEA) and corrective/preventive action concepts to resolve high risk/high impact problems/nonconformities
- Track and proactively take actions to ensure that product quality metrics are met both during product development and post launch in the field
- Organize and assist with the execution of risk assessments on equipment, GR&R, assembly process, and customer use case to meet rigorous quality standards
- Contribution of the SOW section pertaining to Quality, in supplier agreements
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a NPI product quality role, managing FDA regulated consumer electronic medical devices development and manufacturing in a FDA QSR and ISO 13485 compliant factory.
- Strong ability to communicate ideas or viewpoints supported by objective data to influence all levels of the organization to develop and launch products that set the standards of quality in the industry in terms of hardware build quality and user experience
- Background in the high-tech and consumer electronics
- Quality engineering background and experience with AQLs, product inspections, vendor qualifications and audits
- Demonstrated ability to manage quality resources at global outsourced manufacturing partner factories
- Experience facilitating the identification and management of design, engineering, and manufacturing risks for new product development (e.g. DFMEA, PFMEA, Hazard Analysis, Process Control Plans, Test Specifications, etc.)
- Experience/knowledge with change controls, validations, and IQ/OQ/PQ to make the final decision on requirements needed to implement a change.
- Experience managing NPI and Continuous improvement programs adhering to ISO 13485 and/or 21 Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) Part 820 Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Quality Systems Regulation (QSR)
- Strong facilitation skills, advanced understanding of project management, and experience leading Kaizens
- You'll be working in a high energy, fast-paced environment helping us make oral care simple and effective!
- An office located in the heart of DUMBO with breathtaking views of Manhattan Bridge
- WiFi enabled rooftop
- Competitive medical benefit package (with an option to opt into a premium internal dental program)
- Commuter benefits for parking & transit
- Offer competitive paid parental leave policy for qualifying employees
- Flexible work from home options
- Open vacation policy
- Dog-friendly office space
- 401k Contribution
- Competitive compensation package
- Fully stocked kitchen with snacks (make sure to use your quip after snacking!)
- Your very own quip with employee discount packages
- The opportunity to help us make oral care more simple, effective and accessible!
Most of us aren’t brushing our teeth correctly, either because we don’t know how to do it right, or because we just don’t feel like it. At quip, we design delightful products and experiences to help you care for your mouth better. Our initial product is a beautifully simple electric toothbrush and toothpaste that was featured by Time Magazine as one of the 25 Best Inventions of 2016. With refill brush heads and toothpaste arriving on a 3-monthly schedule. We pride ourselves on great design and our brand values of simplicity, honesty, and accessibility, which are applied throughout our community. We are excited to apply these principles to the acceleration of our digital patient-professional advice and services platform.
quip is committed to promoting equality, inclusion, and diversity beyond your brushing routine. We believe our company is better equipped to care for every mouth when we listen to fresh perspectives from every voice, and in doing so, we build an equal-opportunity team of the brightest minds (and mouths)—regardless of race, gender, age, religion, sexual orientation, identity, or any other trait that makes you you. By celebrating and supporting our differences, we will thrive in our mission to improve oral health for all.