At quip, we design and deliver delightful products and services that keep your mouth healthy.
Over the past five years, we have grown a large community of millions of active consumer-members and tens of thousands of dental professional members through our direct to consumer channels. At the end of 2018 we launched nationwide in Target which has helped to further accelerate our growth and brand awareness across the United States. In 2020 and on, we are looking to continue to expand into more households and release more products and services to make oral care from your daily routine more simple, accessible, and enjoyable to everyone.
We are a fast growing startup looking for a Retail Account Executive to help manage and grow quip’s retail accounts. This role will work within the Business Development team, reporting into the Manager of Retail Partnerships, and partnering with the Operations, Planning, and Marketing teams to support growth initiatives. Your contributions will help ensure in-store merchandising placement & execution, new product launches, and overall growth at retail.
The Retail team, based in NYC, is part of the Business Development Department that aims to drive distribution, revenue growth, and partnership. Members of Business Development oversee quip’s retail business and revenue growth initiatives.
- Own management of key retail partners
- Develop strong retail partnerships with all members of the merchant teams
- Lead strategy and execution of retail channels including:
- Product assortment - Maximizing productivity of product mix
- In-store and .com merchandising - Merchandising presentation, planogram strategy, budget, and execution of temporary and long term displays
- Retail marketing - Partner with retailers for placements within marketing vehicles
- Report on weekly sales and provide insights into opportunities
- Collaborate cross-functionally with the operations, planning & marketing teams to ensure product and in-store displays are delivered on time and in full
- Drive innovation focused on optimizing current program, and building/ testing new programs and opportunities
- Maintain a strong understanding of trends, competitive landscape and how they relate to quip’s goals
- Be the source of truth for interdepartmental requests and have answers on business questions for retail accounts
- 3+ years of account management or buying experience (CPG & mass retailer experience preferred)
- Proven track record of success in managing and growing key accounts
- Comprehensive understanding of the retail lifecycle
- Familiarity with retail/season promotions
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong attention to detail with effective prioritization and organization skills
- Ability to clearly articulate and present ideas both in written and oral presentations
- Thrives in a fast-paced startup environment where self-direction and initiative are highly encouraged
- Passionate, driven and eager to learn and grown
- Possess strong quantitative and problem-solving skills, innovative thinking and vision
- You'll be working in a high energy, fast-paced environment helping us make oral care simple and effective!
- An office located in the heart of DUMBO with breathtaking views of Manhattan Bridge
- Competitive health insurance (with an option to opt into a premium internal dental program)
- Commuter benefits for parking & transit
- Offer competitive paid parental leave policy for qualifying employees
- Flexible work from home options
- Open vacation policy
- Dog-friendly office space
- 401k Contribution
- Extended Education Assistance
- Employee Referral Program
- Competitive compensation package with stock options at a high-growth startup
- Fully stocked kitchen with snacks (make sure to use your quip after snacking!)
- Generous employee discount on all quip products
- The opportunity to help us make oral care more simple, effective and accessible!
Most of us aren’t brushing our teeth correctly, either because we don’t know how to do it right, or because we just don’t feel like it. At quip, we design delightful products and experiences to help you care for your mouth better. Our initial product is a beautifully simple electric toothbrush and toothpaste that was featured by Time Magazine as one of the 25 Best Inventions of 2016. With refill brush heads and toothpaste arriving on a 3-monthly schedule. We pride ourselves on great design and our brand values of simplicity, honesty, and accessibility, which are applied throughout our community. We are excited to apply these principles to the acceleration of our digital patient-professional advice and services platform.
quip is committed to promoting equality, inclusion, and diversity beyond your brushing routine. We believe our company is better equipped to care for every mouth when we listen to fresh perspectives from every voice, and in doing so, we build an equal-opportunity team of the brightest minds (and mouths)—regardless of race, gender, age, religion, sexual orientation, identity, or any other trait that makes you you. By celebrating and supporting our differences, we will thrive in our mission to improve oral health for all.