At quip, we design and deliver delightful products and services that keep your mouth healthy. From products to services (consumer store/subscription experience, dental practice wholesale, fulfillment, dental insurance), you will have the chance to work at the forefront of providing an elevated user experience in a fast-changing industry.
quip’s technology team is looking for a Jr. Quality Assurance Engineer to join our growing team. This candidate will have the ability to thrive in a dynamic, agile SCRUM, start-up environment and help design and execute on innovative solutions to challenging problems.
- Design, develop, execute, and extend test automation
- Estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate testing activities
- Work cross functionally with multiple teams in an agile environment
- Review requirements, specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback
- Resolve ambiguous and undefined problems with the ability to think out of the box
- Continuously improve our existing testing framework
- Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases
- Stay up-to-date with new testing tools and test strategies
- 3+ years of hands-on experience developing UI automation for native mobile apps
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic, agile SCRUM, start-up environment
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools and processes
- A proven track record of building and maintaining effective automated tests
- Proficiency in object-oriented design and design patterns
- Experience with writing clear, concise, and comprehensive supporting test documentation
- Interest in reviewing user reports to assess and prioritize post-launch technical issues
- Experience with CI tools like Jenkins, GitHub Actions, CodeBuild, CodePipeline.
- Familiarity with one or more cloud test execution platforms: Firebase Test Lab, AWS Device Farm, App Center Test Cloud, Saucelabs, Browserstack
- Experience using tools like ClubHouse, JIRA, or similar defect tracking systems
- Experience designing and writing test cases and as well as producing corollary test automation
- Passion for learning new technologies and applying them into everyday work
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent experience
- You'll be working in a high energy, fast-paced environment helping us make oral care simple and effective!
- An office located in the heart of DUMBO with breathtaking views of Manhattan Bridge
- Fully covered health insurance (with an option to opt into a premium internal dental program)
- Commuter benefits for parking & transit
- Offer competitive paid parental leave policy for qualifying employees
- Flexible work from home options
- Open vacation policy
- Dog-friendly office space
- 401k Contribution
- Extended Education Assistance
- Employee Referral Program
- Competitive compensation package with stock options at a high-growth startup
- Fully stocked kitchen with snacks (make sure to use your quip after snacking!)
- Generous employee discount on all quip products
- The opportunity to help us make oral care more simple, effective and accessible!
Most of us aren’t brushing our teeth correctly, either because we don’t know how to do it right, or because we just don’t feel like it. At quip, we design delightful products and experiences to help you care for your mouth better. Our initial product is a beautifully simple electric toothbrush and toothpaste that was featured by Time Magazine as one of the 25 Best Inventions of 2016. With refill brush heads and toothpaste arriving on a 3-monthly schedule. We pride ourselves on great design and our brand values of simplicity, honesty, and accessibility, which are applied throughout our community. We are excited to apply these principles to the acceleration of our digital patient-professional advice and services platform.
quip is committed to promoting equality, inclusion, and diversity beyond your brushing routine. We believe our company is better equipped to care for every mouth when we listen to fresh perspectives from every voice, and in doing so, we build an equal-opportunity team of the brightest minds (and mouths)—regardless of race, gender, age, religion, sexual orientation, identity, or any other trait that makes you you. By celebrating and supporting our differences, we will thrive in our mission to improve oral health for all.