At quip, we design and deliver delightful and effective ways to keep your mouth healthy, from the personal care products that help you at home every day, to the professional care services you require at least twice a year.
Over the past five years, we have grown a large digital platform and community of millions of active consumer-members and tens of thousands of dental professional members through our direct to consumer channels. At the end of 2018 we launched nationwide in Target which has helped to further accelerate our growth and brand awareness across the United States. In 2020, we continue to expand our retailer network.
As a Business Intelligence Analyst, you will help fuel this growth by examining, positioning, and visualizing our data to drive optimal business performance. The perfect candidate will be interested in our data stack from start to finish, keeping the end user in mind at all times. This role will have the opportunity to work cross-functionally across finance, operations, marketing, and growth teams, while specializing in one or multiple areas of the business over time. You must be a great communicator and have a knack for displaying and organizing data to achieve granular insights and hit KPIs. Lastly, you must remain agile and be comfortable with a fast-paced start-up environment.
- Collaborate with business partners to drive their data strategy, such as managing KPIs and funnel metrics with associated reporting
- Write queries and code to extract relevant data from various platforms.
- Collaborate with other analysts to build out and maintain our dashboards, ensuring they are up-to-date, accurate, and fair representations of product performance.
- Automate and streamline existing analytics processes to maximize efficiency.
- Prepare analysis and presentations for senior management and investors as needed
- Help ensure that data is accurate and consistent throughout the organization.
- Train teams on how to leverage our data tools and assess whether their conclusions are valid.
- Work with engineering teams in tracking events that are critical to measuring company performance.
- Work with the growth team to create visualizations and resources to better optimize our marketing spend
- Clearly communicate your findings to a range of stakeholders to inform and educate them
- Degree in Data Science, Economics, Statistics, Engineering, or a related quantitative field
- 1-3 years experience in data, finance, marketing, engineering or business operations/insights
- Experienced working with large and complex datasets; cross-functional inputs are a plus
- Can quickly navigate complex SQL queries and Excel functions
- BI tool experience in Looker
- Strong understanding of data and tech stacks (Fivetran, BigQuery, SQL, etc.)
- Quantitative research utilizing R or Python a plus
- A strong visual organization, attention to detail, and a no-task-too-small mentality
- Ability to plan ahead and organize data to ensure accuracy
- Communicate clearly and consistently, written and verbal skills to match
- A desire to use data in creative ways to drive and measure results
- Desire to leverage past experience to make a business impact and motivated by a flexible environment
- You'll be working in a high energy, fast-paced environment helping us make oral care simple and effective!
- An office located in the heart of DUMBO with breathtaking views of Manhattan Bridge
- WiFi enabled rooftop
- Competitive medical benefit package (with an option to opt into a premium internal dental program)
- Commuter benefits for parking & transit
- Offer competitive paid parental leave policy for qualifying employees
- Flexible work from home options
- Open vacation policy
- Dog-friendly office space
- 401k Contribution
- Competitive compensation package
- Fully stocked kitchen with snacks (make sure to use your quip after snacking!)
- Your very own quip with employee discount packages
- The opportunity to help us make oral care more simple, effective and accessible!
Most of us aren’t brushing our teeth correctly, either because we don’t know how to do it right, or because we just don’t feel like it. At quip, we design delightful products and experiences to help you care for your mouth better. Our initial product is a beautifully simple electric toothbrush and toothpaste that was featured by Time Magazine as one of the 25 Best Inventions of 2016. With refill brush heads and toothpaste arriving on a 3-monthly schedule, we are now growing our physical and digital product and service line with that same standard of design to help with the whole of our member’s oral care routines. We pride ourselves on great design and our brand values of simplicity, honesty and accessibility are applied throughout our community.
quip is committed to promoting equality, inclusion, and diversity beyond your brushing routine. We believe our company is better equipped to care for every mouth when we listen to fresh perspectives from every voice, and in doing so, we build an equal-opportunity team of the brightest minds (and mouths)—regardless of race, gender, age, religion, sexual orientation, identity, or any other trait that makes you you. By celebrating and supporting our differences, we will thrive in our mission to improve oral health for all.