At quip, we design and deliver delightful products and services that keep your mouth healthy.
As an Operations Program Manager on the Manufacturing & NPI team within Hardware Operations you will be responsible for managing the Operations owned elements for NPI (New Product Introduction) Programs as well as owning Operations Continuous Improvement Initiatives.
The ideal candidate would have a proven track record in managing complex NPI programs, driving the operations deliverables for successful launch of consumer products from program initiation to mass production. This role requires an in-depth understanding of materials management, manufacturing processes, and significant experience delivering consumer hardware products through product development process phase gates. Project plan creation, cross-company collaboration, problem solving, data analysis and reporting skills are critical to this role.
- Drive attainment of Operations NPI program and Operations initiative milestone deliverables
- Communications of expectations and status to the program team
- Work and collaborate with teams and individuals from Hardware Engineering & Product Development, Manufacturing, Quality, Distribution, Creative, Finance, Global Sourcing, and Supply Planning
- Ensure all aspects of line capacity is in place to meet ramp and sustaining manufacturing
- Lead manufacturing line and equipment validations
- Review line layout and planned cycle times and work with the Contract Manufacturer to identify and implement yield improvements
- Review process yields during development builds and work with the Contract Manufacturer to identify and implement yield improvements
- Define and create program plans for NPI programs and Operations initiatives
- Follow-up that the team is delivering documentation and deliverables; tracking updates and providing status
- Owner of Operations issues list
- Manage financial risk (Program Budget, CAPEX, E&O, Cost Reduction)
- Develop, align, roll-out, and enforce NPI and Operations processes
- Drive materials for builds and ramp
- Lead PFMEA reviews
- 3+ years of experience in Operations Program Management; preferably within consumer technology, automotive, or CPG
- Demonstrated success managing NPI programs through the product development processes
- Understanding of plastic injection tooling lead-times
- Experience on the manufacturing floor; with manufacturing automation a plus
- Excellent project management and cross-functional team leadership skills.
- Analytical curiosity and ability to solve complex problems using data
- Broad general mechanical and electrical engineering knowledge
- Six Sigma/Lean certification preferred
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, internal and external to the company.
- Good interpersonal skills in dealing with suppliers, peers and other functional areas.
- You'll be working in a high energy, fast-paced environment helping us make oral care simple and effective!
- An office located in the heart of DUMBO with breathtaking views of Manhattan Bridge
- WiFi enabled rooftop
- Competitive medical benefit package (with an option to opt into a premium internal dental program)
- Commuter benefits for parking & transit
- Offer competitive paid parental leave policy for qualifying employees
- Flexible work from home options
- Open vacation policy
- Dog-friendly office space
- 401k Contribution
- Competitive compensation package
- Fully stocked kitchen with snacks (make sure to use your quip after snacking!)
- Your very own quip with employee discount packages
- The opportunity to help us make oral care more simple, effective and accessible!
Most of us aren’t brushing our teeth correctly, either because we don’t know how to do it right, or because we just don’t feel like it. At quip, we design delightful products and experiences to help you care for your mouth better. Our initial product is a beautifully simple electric toothbrush and toothpaste that was featured by Time Magazine as one of the 25 Best Inventions of 2016. With refill brush heads and toothpaste arriving on a 3-monthly schedule. We pride ourselves on great design and our brand values of simplicity, honesty, and accessibility, which are applied throughout our community. We are excited to apply these principles to the acceleration of our digital patient-professional advice and services platform.
quip is committed to promoting equality, inclusion, and diversity beyond your brushing routine. We believe our company is better equipped to care for every mouth when we listen to fresh perspectives from every voice, and in doing so, we build an equal-opportunity team of the brightest minds (and mouths)—regardless of race, gender, age, religion, sexual orientation, identity, or any other trait that makes you you. By celebrating and supporting our differences, we will thrive in our mission to improve oral health for all.