At quip, we design and deliver delightful products and services that keep your mouth healthy. Over the past five years, we’ve built a community of millions of quip members through our personal oral care line across eCommerce and national retailers. As we continue to ramp up our product offerings online and in brick and mortar, we face an increasingly complex (yet exciting) challenge to fulfill quip’s custom, UX-focused, and eco-friendly packaging approach.
We are looking for an organized, creative, and collaborative senior packaging manager. This role will help drive packaging strategy, set priorities, and manage both projects and timelines to execute against them.
The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of the packaging lifecycle, and see projects through from concept to multiple formats in market. This is a senior level role that requires regular liaison with many teams and functions. As such, documentation is very important, as this role will be responsible for ensuring smooth workflows, gaining process efficiencies, and supporting teams and individuals to optimize packaging development, transition, and EOL. As a Senior Packaging Manager at quip you will be responsible for helping shape the packaging strategy, but also running the day-to-day project management activities associated with all active packaging initiatives.
This role will work cross functionally with the Marketing, Creative, Hardware, Operations, and Business Development/Retail teams to organize necessary inputs for packaging development.
- Help drive quip’s packaging strategy, including new initiatives and continuous improvements
- Work closely with management to set priorities for quip’s packaging roadmap, covering eComm, Retail, and Dental sales channels
- This is a hands-on role that will develop and manage cross-functional timelines on all packaging initiatives, track/report on progress, manage risk, and provide mitigation options to key stakeholders
- Act as the central liaison point between Marketing, Creative, Hardware, Operations, and Retail in all matters during project execution
- Scan the market for new technologies and work with current packaging partners to identify new packaging innovation opportunities
- Work closely with quip’s Global Sourcing team to identify opportunities and optimize packaging to be sustainable and save cost
- Be the go-to person that knows and tracks all active packaging initiatives and historical packaging documentation or references at quip
- Socialize updates internally and manage feedback loops and the approval process with cross-functional teams, including legal and leadership sign-offs in a timely fashion
- Collaborate with Operations PM and Planning & Distribution teams to plan for new packaging roll-outs and EOL
- Gather packaging and project requirements and create project briefs / packaging manuscripts prior to design kick-off
- Confirm dielines, copy, packaging specs and reference materials to complete design
- Provide accurate and clear briefing to the creative team in a timely fashion in partnership with the Hardware Project Managers
- Act as a liaison between internal teams to obtain missing information and materials
- Attend technical review of projects via pre-pro meetings in consultation with the internal team and print supplier
- Manage the packaging and artwork sampling process with overseas suppliers and well as sales samples through domestic printing facilities
- Verify information is accurate on design briefs, layouts, and specifications received
- Check all files to ensure design has been executed to the brief prior to releasing artwork for approval
- Participate in meetings to review completed packaging projects
- Collaborate with project managers across multiple departments to balance creative resources, prioritize work, and adjust timelines as needed
- Assist in identifying areas of improvement to the design process, and work with senior management to implement resolutions
- Audit folder structure and archive projects upon completion
- 5+ years proven experience in a packaging management / project management role
- Highly communicative and flexible. Organized, and can prioritize in a fast paced environment
- Proactive in asking questions, gathering information, and managing approvals for all deliverables, including ongoing packaging updates and new product launches
- Strategic thinker, but also willing to work hands on managing several work streams simultaneously
- Experience launching new products in the US and internationally
- Post secondary university or college degree, preferably in graphics communication management and/or design or similar
- Strong understanding of packaging design requirements
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Proven team player
- Ability to multi-task multiple workflows, track new requests and changes, and consolidate feedback from cross-department stakeholders in a high-pressure environment
- Negotiate prioritizes with stakeholders to deliver quality, on-brief work
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Medical packaging or food packaging experience is a bonus
- You'll be working in a high energy, fast-paced environment helping us make oral care simple and effective!
- An office located in the heart of DUMBO with breathtaking views of the Brooklyn and Manhattan Bridge
- Competitive health insurance packages (with an option to opt into a premium internal dental program)
- Commuter benefits for parking & transit
- Offer competitive paid parental leave policy for qualifying employees
- Flexible work from home options
- Open vacation policy
- Dog-friendly office space
- 401k Contribution
- Employee Bonus Referral Program
- Extended Education Assistance
- Competitive compensation package with stock options at a high-growth startup
- Fully stocked kitchen with snacks (make sure to use your quip after snacking!)
- Your very own quip with an unlimited subscription plan
Most of us aren’t brushing our teeth correctly, either because we don’t know how to do it right, or because we just don’t feel like it. At quip, we design delightful products and experiences to help you care for your mouth better. Our initial product is a beautifully simple electric toothbrush and toothpaste that was featured by Time Magazine as one of the 25 Best Inventions of 2016. With refill brush heads and toothpaste arriving on a 3-monthly schedule, we are now growing our physical and digital product and service line with that same standard of design to help with the whole of our member’s oral care routines. We pride ourselves on great design and our brand values of simplicity, honesty and accessibility are applied throughout our community.
quip is committed to promoting equality, inclusion, and diversity beyond your brushing routine. We believe our company is better equipped to care for every mouth when we listen to fresh perspectives from every voice, and in doing so, we build an equal-opportunity team of the brightest minds (and mouths)—regardless of race, gender, age, religion, sexual orientation, identity, or any other trait that makes you you. By celebrating and supporting our differences, we will thrive in our mission to improve oral health for all.