At quip, we design and deliver delightful products and services to keep all mouths healthy. We are looking for a Quality Engineering Intern to have a meaningful impact on the continued realization of this mission. The ideal candidate is eager to learn and contribute to the continuous improvement of quip product quality.
As a Quality Engineering Intern, you will be responsible for supporting and driving development of processes related to returned products and systematically improving product quality using data analytics.
- Perform failure analysis on returned products.
- Develop test methods and procedures to improve root cause identification.
- Monitor, trend, and analyze customer complaint and failure analysis data.
- Identify key initiatives to drive reduction in customer complaints and product failures.
- Work cross-functionally with Sustaining Engineering and Customer Service.
- Other responsibilities may arise based on team needs.
- Pursuing a degree in Mechanical Engineering or related engineering discipline from an accredited program.
- Knowledge of materials, manufacturing processes, assembly, and electronics.
- Experience with basic measurement equipment (calipers, force gauge, multimeter).
- Basic knowledge of data collection, trending, and analysis.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Self-starter with strong initiative and an ability to work independently.
- Strong attention to detail with mechanical inclination.
- A desire to make a direct and tangible impact on a rapidly growing company.
- Ability to learn and move quickly to match the quick growth of the company.
- An office located in the heart of DUMBO with breathtaking views of the Manhattan Bridge
- Flexible work hours
- Paid Internship
- Fully stocked kitchen with snacks (make sure to use your quip after snacking!)
- Your very own quip
- The opportunity to help us make oral care more simple, effective and accessible!
Summer Internship located in Dumbo, Brooklyn. Runs from June-August. Housing not provided. Internship is paid.
Most of us aren’t brushing our teeth correctly, either because we don’t know how to do it right, or because we just don’t feel like it. At quip, we design delightful products and experiences to help you care for your mouth better. Our initial product is a beautifully simple electric toothbrush and toothpaste that was featured by Time Magazine as one of the 25 Best Inventions of 2016. With refill brush heads and toothpaste arriving on a 3-monthly schedule. We pride ourselves on great design and our brand values of simplicity, honesty and accessibility, which are applied throughout our community.