At quip, we design and deliver delightful and effective ways to keep your mouth healthy, from the daily care products that help you at home every day, to the professional care services you require at least twice a year.
Over the past five years, we have grown a large digital platform and community of millions of active consumer-members and tens of thousands of dental professional members through our direct to consumer channels. At the end of 2018 we launched nationwide in Target which has helped to further accelerate our growth and brand awareness across the United States. In 2020 we are looking to continue to expand into more households and release more products and services to make oral care from your daily routine to the dental chair more simple, accessible, and enjoyable to everyone.
We are are looking for an experienced Lead Business Intelligence Analyst to lead cross functional customer and operational reporting, insights and analytics.
As a Lead Business Intelligence Analyst you will help to examine, position, and visualize our entire data stack to drive optimal business performance. This is a critical role responsible for driving analytics & self-service reporting across the company. You will focus on conceptualizing and systematizing how we uncover data-driven insights that grow our business and improve our members’ experience, and you will manage a team to execute that vision. This role will directly influence strategic questions and core business outcomes before they become urgent needs.
The ideal candidate possesses the following traits:
- You know how to zoom between the nitty-gritty and the big picture: you love the details, but you can also take a step back and see what it all means in the big picture of the business.
- You enjoy building a team of high-performing analysts: you know the skills and experience needed to assemble a high-performing analytics team, and enjoy managing them those individuals to achieve their full potential.
- You like building tools & supporting infrastructure: the best analysis is great, but building self-service tools that replicate that analysis in a way others can use is even better. You have a knack for conceptualizing tools, processes, and systems with a track record to show for it.
- You take pride in your technical analytical skills: you’re the one your friends can count on to ask if something is statistically significant.
- You are an excellent verbal and written communicator: in a team of our size that’s growing as fast as it is, making sure that everyone has the information they need to make good decisions is paramount. You’re someone who can translate what you’re seeing in the data into actionable insights for all of our teams, whether you’re presenting in a meeting or writing an email.
- You will not get frustrated constantly explaining basic data concepts to the rest of the team: we sell toothbrushes, come on.
- You are a data evangelist: enough said
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Lead and project manage analytical initiatives (e.g. new product pricing, KPI benchmarking) that affect all the business units
- Lead and manage a growing team of analysts
- Build, develop and maintain data models, reporting systems, that enable self-service reporting of these key metrics
- Partner with data engineer lead to identify and monitor KPIs
- Lead cross-functional projects using advanced data analysis techniques to discover insights that will guide strategic decisions and uncover optimization opportunities
- Own and advocate for the full data ecosystem at quip (data pipelines, data models, data warehouse, business intelligence platform)
- Automate and streamline existing analytics processes to maximize efficiency.
- Help ensure that data is accurate and consistent throughout the organization.
- Enable the analytics team to train the entire company on how to leverage our data tools and assess whether their conclusions are valid.
- Work with engineering teams in tracking events that are critical to measuring company performance.
- Apply statistics and modeling to business data
- Expert in full stack analytics, with 6+ years of experience in data pipelines (Stitch/Fivetran), data modeling (dbt/LookML/etc.), data warehouses (Redshift/Snowflake/BigQuery), and business intelligence platforms (Looker/Domo/Tableau). Strong Excel skills.
- 8+ prior years of experience
- Experience managing cross-functional projects and teams
- Good communication skills that enable you to distill complex systems, processes, or analyses into understandable terms
- Ability to balance long-term strategic planning with tactical analytical & reporting requests
- Customer-centric mindset and the ability to understand quip’s target consumer
- Strong project management, attention to detail, and a no-task-too-small mentality
- Desire to leverage past experience to make a direct business impact and are motivated by a flexible environment
- You'll be working in a high energy, fast-paced environment helping us make oral care simple and effective!
- An office located in the heart of DUMBO with breathtaking views of Manhattan Bridge
- Fully covered health insurance (with an option to opt into a premium internal dental program)
- Commuter benefits for parking & transit
- Offer competitive paid parental leave policy for qualifying employees
- Flexible work from home options
- Open vacation policy
- Dog-friendly office space
- 401k Contribution
- Extended Education Assistance
- Employee Referral Program
- Competitive compensation package with stock options at a high-growth startup
- Fully stocked kitchen with snacks (make sure to use your quip after snacking!)
- Generous employee discount on all quip products
- The opportunity to help us make oral care more simple, effective and accessible!
Most of us aren’t brushing our teeth correctly, either because we don’t know how to do it right, or because we just don’t feel like it. At quip, we design delightful products and experiences to help you care for your mouth better. Our initial product is a beautifully simple electric toothbrush and toothpaste that was featured by Time Magazine as one of the 25 Best Inventions of 2016. With refill brush heads and toothpaste arriving on a 3-monthly schedule. We pride ourselves on great design and our brand values of simplicity, honesty and accessibility, which are applied throughout our community. We are excited to apply these principles to the acceleration of our digital patient-professional advice and services platform.
quip is committed to promoting equality, inclusion, and diversity beyond your brushing routine. We believe our company is better equipped to care for every mouth when we listen to fresh perspectives from every voice, and in doing so, we build an equal-opportunity team of the brightest minds (and mouths)—regardless of race, gender, age, religion, sexual orientation, identity, or any other trait that makes you you. By celebrating and supporting our differences, we will thrive in our mission to improve oral health for all.