At quip, we design and deliver delightful and effective ways to keep your mouth healthy, from the daily care products that help you at home every day, to the professional care services you require at least twice a year.
Over the past five years, we have grown a large digital platform and community of millions of active consumer-members and tens of thousands of dental professional members through our direct to consumer channels. At the end of 2018 we launched nationwide in Target which has helped to further accelerate our growth and brand awareness across the United States. In 2020 we are looking to continue to expand into more households and release more products and services to make oral care from your daily routine to the dental chair more simple, accessible, and enjoyable to everyone.
The Chief of Staff will play a critical role in the strategic development and prioritization of projects and initiatives in close step with the CEO and leadership team. The Chief of Staff will also partner with the CEO to strategically identify and evaluate opportunity areas, and coordinate with leadership to ensure teams are organized to work effectively, collaboratively with a focus on key deliverables. A strong ability to communicate across departments and lead through influence is important as this role will carry out the vision and represent the CEO in the continued expansion of the business.
The right candidate is adaptable, creative, and self starting as many projects will require research, quick learning, communication, and at times filling operational gaps. As the Chief of Staff you will be responsible for representing and realizing quip’s mission and vision across disciplines.
- Conduct research and summarize learnings to advise the CEO on strategic priorities
- Ensure that vision, culture, and intent is properly developed and communicated across teams
- Support the productivity of Leadership Meetings by owning the planning, agenda, notes and execution of action items and distilling discussions and thoughts from team meetings into strategic plans
- Own and continuously improve company operating cadence (e.g. executive team meetings, quarterly business reviews, leadership offsite, quarterly board meetings)
- Execute deliverables with a hands-on approach including drafting correspondence from the CEO and other tasks that facilitate the ability to effectively execute top priorities.
- Drive execution of action items agreed upon by the CEO and the executive team.
- Drive operational and planning processes to completion in partnership with the executive team and the broader organization.
- Create structure and focus for broad, ambiguous ideas that the executive team is exploring and bring forth recommendations for action in a timely manner
- Provide ad-hoc support on projects small to large; this could include research, financial modeling, internal initiatives, new expansion explorations, and more. Step in where help is most needed.
- Travel occasionally with or on behalf of our CEO to high-priority events.
- Work closely with Finance and Business Intelligence to ensure that teams are properly equipped to report on and realize strategic priorities
- Prior hands-on experience and a tenured leadership foundation in the areas of planning & process, product and/or financial planning & strategy execution
- Mature judgment and discretion in keeping sensitive information confidential
- 6+ years of experience in a combination of management consulting, operations, strategy, consulting or an equivalent field. This role requires past experience working directly with the C-suite/VP level on a regular basis
- Experience developing executive presentations, documents, etc. with advanced level MS PowerPoint, Excel, and Word skills (or equivalent)
- Strong interpersonal skills and proven ability to work seamlessly with a variety of personalities and functional disciplines. Ability to build relationships with cross-functional colleagues.
- Proven ability to track, prioritize, and drive multiple concurrent projects to success. This position is expected to utilize data and metrics to communicate needs with the ease of a business unit owner
- Excellent communicator in written and verbal form; ability to work well with executives, and able to lead and influence across multiple levels and multiple functions of an organization
- Entrepreneurial, with a high tolerance for ambiguity and complexity, and efficient with limited resources
- Proven experience designing and leading strategic planning at a hyper-growth company
- Financial prowess and ability to create budgets, models, etc.
- BA/BS degree. Master’s degree and healthcare experience preferred
- You'll be working in a high energy, fast-paced environment helping us make oral care simple and effective!
- An office located in the heart of DUMBO with breathtaking views of Manhattan Bridge
- Competitive health insurance (with an option to opt into a premium internal dental program)
- Commuter benefits for parking & transit
- Offer competitive paid parental leave policy for qualifying employees
- Flexible work from home options
- Open vacation policy
- Dog-friendly office space
- 401k Contribution
- Extended Education Assistance
- Employee Referral Program
- Competitive compensation package with stock options at a high-growth startup
- Fully stocked kitchen with snacks (make sure to use your quip after snacking!)
- Generous employee discount on all quip products
- The opportunity to help us make oral care more simple, effective and accessible!
Most of us aren’t brushing our teeth correctly, either because we don’t know how to do it right, or because we just don’t feel like it. At quip, we design delightful products and experiences to help you care for your mouth better. Our initial product is a beautifully simple electric toothbrush and toothpaste that was featured by Time Magazine as one of the 25 Best Inventions of 2016. With refill brush heads and toothpaste arriving on a 3-monthly schedule. We pride ourselves on great design and our brand values of simplicity, honesty and accessibility, which are applied throughout our community. We are excited to apply these principles to the acceleration of our digital patient-professional advice and services platform.
quip is committed to promoting equality, inclusion, and diversity beyond your brushing routine. We believe our company is better equipped to care for every mouth when we listen to fresh perspectives from every voice, and in doing so, we build an equal-opportunity team of the brightest minds (and mouths)—regardless of race, gender, age, religion, sexual orientation, identity, or any other trait that makes you you. By celebrating and supporting our differences, we will thrive in our mission to improve oral health for all.