At quip, we design and deliver delightful products and services to keep all mouths healthy. We are looking for an Electrical Engineering Intern that wants to learn about consumer electronics. The ideal candidate wants to eagerly learn and contribute to electrical problems at quip.
- Currently in the process of completing a Bachelor’s (B.S.) Degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited institution
- Basic knowledge of designing and testing electrical circuits
- Some experience with microcontrollers
- Experience with electrical engineering lab equipment (oscilloscope, power supply, power analyzer, digital analyzer, multimeter)
- Basic knowledge in deciphering component datasheets and selecting parts for an embedded system
- Experience with a soldering iron
- Proficient using Microsoft Office suite and G-Suite
- Expert in time management while working on multiple projects that have different deadlines and priorities
- Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills
Nice to Haves
- Working with a multitude of electronic sensors (accelerometer, gyroscopes, etc)
- Electrical schematic and layout capture in an ECAD package (Altium, Eagle, ORCAD, PADS, etc)
- Experience with simulation tools (Spice/Matlab)
- Knowledge of C, C++ and Python
- Experience working with Mechanical Engineers on solving problems
- Previous internship at a consumer electronics company
- An office located in the heart of DUMBO with breathtaking views of Manhattan Bridge
- Flexible work hours
- Paid Internship
- Fully stocked kitchen with snacks (make sure to use your quip after snacking!)
- Your very own quip
- The opportunity to help us make oral care more simple, effective and accessible!
Summer Internship located in Dumbo, Brooklyn. Runs from June-August. Housing not provided. Internship is paid.
Most of us aren’t brushing our teeth correctly, either because we don’t know how to do it right, or because we just don’t feel like it. At quip, we design delightful products and experiences to help you care for your mouth better. Our initial product is a beautifully simple electric toothbrush and toothpaste that was featured in Time Magazine as one of the 25 Best Inventions of 2016. With refill brush heads and toothpaste arriving on a 3-monthly schedule. We pride ourselves on great design and our brand values of simplicity, honesty, and accessibility, which are applied throughout our community.