At quip, we design and deliver delightful products and services that help keep your mouth healthy. Over the past 3 years, we have sold over 1 million toothbrushes and toothpaste through our direct to consumer and retail channels. We are always looking for superstars in their field of work or study to join our team.
The position requires the individual to be a leader of the Finance department and work cross-functionally within the organization. This role reports into the Acting CFO. They will be responsible for innovating, implementing and overseeing the financial aspects of the business and driving quip’s financial strategy and planning. The position requires continuously assessing the company’s financial performance as well as potential risks and investments.
The individual will also be responsible for developing Accounting best practices and creating other general efficiencies in Accounting processes and procedures. The goal of this role is to guide quip towards long-term financial success.
- Help drive the financial planning strategy of the company by analyzing monthly, quarterly, and annual performance and risks
- Manage short-term and long-term financial reporting, including weekly/monthly key performance indicators; identify trends and proactively engage with leadership team
- Manage a small and mighty financial team through effective communication and superior leadership skills
- Create a collaborative and supportive team environment
- Manage monthly cash flow reports, quarterly and annual financial statements, and other reports
- Ensure the monthly financials are closed in a timely manner and appropriate documentation is maintained
- Create and maintain processes and procedures to ensure proper internal controls are documented and enforced
- Oversee budgeting cycles, with support from the broader Finance and Accounting resources including the development of budgets and subsequent variance analyses to drive accountability throughout the organization
- Support the CEO and Acting CFO on annual planning and board reporting
- Lead financial due diligence for future fundraising efforts, large deals, contracts, etc.
- Assist in the ongoing management of audit partners, tax advisors and 3rd party professional service providers
- Assist in investor relations, including crafting board communications and fundraising materials.
- Lead the implementation and oversight of the company’s ERP system
- Ensure adherence to financial laws and guidelines
- Oversee day to day tasks of FP&A and Accounting teams managing several reports
- 5+ years of experience in mid to senior-level positions in finance, investment banking, private equity
- Experience in fast-growing startup companies or is a plus
- Adaptable and open to wearing multiple hats within a flexible start-up environment
- Ability to challenge the executive team on key strategic and operational decisions
- Comfort working and communicating with all levels of the organization, including Founders, senior executives and business partners
- An analytical mind and advanced knowledge of financial analysis and forecasting
- In-depth expertise in corporate finance and accounting principles, laws and best practices
- Proficient in the use of MS Office and ERP software (e.g. Netsuite)
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities
- BS/BA in Accounting, Finance or relevant field; MBA/MS/MA is a plus
- Strong accounting knowledge in accordance with US GAAP
- CPA or other relevant qualification desired
- You'll be working in a high energy, fast-paced environment helping us make oral care simple and effective!
- An office located in the heart of DUMBO with breathtaking views of Manhattan Bridge
- Fully covered health insurance (with an option to opt into a premium internal dental program)
- Commuter benefits for parking & transit
- Offer competitive paid parental leave policy for qualifying employees
- Flexible work from home options
- Open vacation policy
- Dog-friendly office space
- 401k Contribution
- Extended Education Assistance
- Employee Referral Program
- Competitive compensation package with stock options at a high-growth startup
- Fully stocked kitchen with snacks (make sure to use your quip after snacking!)
- Generous employee discount on all quip products
- The opportunity to help us make oral care more simple, effective and accessible!
Most of us aren't brushing our teeth correctly, either because we don't know how to do it right, or because we just don't feel like it. At quip, we design delightful products and experiences to help you care for your mouth better. Our initial product is a beautifully simple electric toothbrush and toothpaste that was featured by Time Magazine as one of the 25 Best Inventions of 2016. With refill brush heads and toothpaste arriving on a 3-monthly schedule, we are now growing our physical and digital product and service line with that same standard of design to help with the whole of our member's oral care routines. We pride ourselves on great design and our brand values of simplicity, honesty and accessibility are applied throughout our community.
quip is committed to promoting equality, inclusion, and diversity beyond your brushing routine. We believe our company is better equipped to care for every mouth when we listen to fresh perspectives from every voice, and in doing so, we build an equal-opportunity team of the brightest minds (and mouths)—regardless of race, gender, age, religion, sexual orientation, identity, or any other trait that makes you you. By celebrating and supporting our differences, we will thrive in our mission to improve oral health for all.