At quip, we design and deliver delightful and effective ways to keep your mouth healthy, from the personal care products that help you at home every day, to the professional care services you require at least twice a year.
Over the past five years, we have grown a large digital platform and community of millions of active consumer-members and tens of thousands of dental professional members through our direct to consumer channels. At the end of 2018 we launched nationwide in Target which has helped to further accelerate our growth and brand awareness across the United States. In 2020 we are looking to continue to expand into more households and release more products and services to make oral care from your daily routine to the dental chair more simple, accessible, and enjoyable to everyone.
We're looking for a passionate, well-rounded Creative Director to join our team and lead our talented in-house brand design and creative team in developing world-class advertising, packaging, communications, brand experiences, web look and feels and more, that break-through noise and drive the business, and the brand identity, mission, and values forward.
You have experience developing the visual identity or look and feel for consumer brands, and have developed compelling multi-channel creative and brand marketing experiences including digital, print, OOH, experiential, merchandising, and packaging. With an eye for aesthetic, you possess the ability to solve big design challenges while sweating the smallest details. You have a strong portfolio of work and understand what it takes to develop great creative plus lead and grow a team to produce the best work of their careers. As the Creative Director, you will be responsible for translating brand strategy into powerful and purposeful creative concepts with a goal of elevating the work, contributing to our creative culture and motivating and inspiring team members.
- Lead a team of designers (graphic, illustration, motion, 3D, packaging), copywriters and producers through management, planning, and creative development
- Work in close coordination with the Founder/CEO to elevate and iterate on the expression and realization of the quip brand across the company
- Be the owner and guardian of all aspects of brand including identity, style, tone, etc
- Bring big conceptual ideas to the table that shape the quip brand across all media and executions
- Direct the concepting and execution of any/all materials for brand campaigns, direct / sales campaigns and product launches, including TV, print, out of Home, brand marketing, social media, email, retail, experiential, and more
- Direct the concepting and execution of any/all product marketing including visual merchandising, packaging and more
- Guide your team to closely analyze briefs, developing unique, culturally relevant ideas for digital, video, broadcast, OOH, ecommerce, editorial, events and more
- Partner with marketing and product marketing leads to build out insightful creative platforms that successfully stretch across multiple channels and media
- Work closely with the Industrial Design and Digital Product Design directors to create and maintain a cohesive and creative design ethos and approach across all design disciplines at quip.
- Manage creative production/operations to make sure the organization and reporting of work is consistent, file management is structured and the cost implications of creative decisions are tracked
- Guide art direction and copy teams in maintaining and iterating on the quip brand identity
- Ensure new product launches, campaigns or territories are consistent with our brand hierarchy or guidelines
- Set an example of creative excellence that inspires and guides a team to always reach for the highest brand standards
- Work with cross-departmental stakeholders and leads to establish requirements and SLAs for requests of the brand creative team, lead the internal creative process, and drive accountability for creative delivery
- 8+ years of design experience at a creative agency or brand creative team
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- 5+ years of experience working on consumer brands/products
- Have a strong working knowledge of brand development, online advertising, interactive commerce, packaging and merchandising experience and overall knowledge of the creative process
- Passion, positivity, self-motivation, perseverance
- Advanced portfolio with relevant work examples as both an individual and team leader
- Recognized expertise in one of the following: advertising, interactive design, digital design
- Excellent communication (verbal, written, visual); ability to propose ideas across teams, and contextualize multiple ideas in relation to one another.
- Know your way around Adobe Suite. Be passionate about good type, composition, and effective communication across many mediums, both digital and physical.
- Bonus if you have led creative in house at a “digitally native” consumer product brand.
- You'll be working in a high energy, fast-paced environment helping us make oral care simple and effective!
- An office located in the heart of DUMBO with breathtaking views of Manhattan Bridge
- Fully covered health insurance (with an option to opt into a premium internal dental program)
- Commuter benefits for parking & transit
- Offer competitive paid parental leave policy for qualifying employees
- Flexible work from home options
- Open vacation policy
- Dog-friendly office space
- 401k Contribution
- Extended Education Assistance
- Employee Referral Program
- Competitive compensation package with stock options at a high-growth startup
- Fully stocked kitchen with snacks (make sure to use your quip after snacking!)
- Generous employee discount on all quip products
- The opportunity to help us make oral care more simple, effective and accessible!
Most of us aren’t brushing our teeth correctly, either because we don’t know how to do it right, or because we just don’t feel like it. At quip, we design delightful products and experiences to help you care for your mouth better. Our initial product is a beautifully simple electric toothbrush and toothpaste that was featured by Time Magazine as one of the 25 Best Inventions of 2016. With refill brush heads and toothpaste arriving on a 3-monthly schedule. We pride ourselves on great design and our brand values of simplicity, honesty, and accessibility, which are applied throughout our community. We are excited to apply these principles to the acceleration of our digital patient-professional advice and services platform.
quip is committed to promoting equality, inclusion, and diversity beyond your brushing routine. We believe our company is better equipped to care for every mouth when we listen to fresh perspectives from every voice, and in doing so, we build an equal-opportunity team of the brightest minds (and mouths)—regardless of race, gender, age, religion, sexual orientation, identity, or any other trait that makes you you. By celebrating and supporting our differences, we will thrive in our mission to improve oral health for all.