At quip, we design and deliver delightful products and services that help keep your mouth healthy.
We are a fast growing startup and are seeking an experienced product designer to help us refine our digital experience, and help to make oral health design forward, relevant, accessible, and interesting.
The ideal candidate will be a detail-oriented senior digital designer to help establish the quip brand across our website and other digital touchpoints. This person will lead design projects and collaborate closely with our creative, marketing, and leadership to grow the quip website and digital experience.
Help us make our oral health products, advice, and professional services, setting the stage for the future of quip, which is far beyond just the e-commerce company you see today.
- Drive consistent and effective UX and UI patterns across the quip’s customer touchpoints (eCommerce site, Mobile app, etc.)
- Partner with Product Managers to define and translate product requirements into world-class design deliverables
- Create wireframes and prototypes to visualize and test new products and features
- Partner with Product Managers to draft user research plans, conduct usability testing and user research interviews, and translate learnings into actionable insights
- Champion the quip brand by partnering with the Brand Design team to craft compelling, delightful, and consistent copy, illustrations, animations, and photography across the entire customer journey
- Work with Engineering to deliver and communicate design mockups and specs
- Work with fellow designers and engineers to develop our Design Systems with style guides and component libraries
- Manage and mentor Jr. Product Designers and interns and their work
- You will work closely with our Director of Design, and responsible to design, iterate, and maintain large parts of our digital product and platform—with the help of our creative operations team, product managers, developers, other designers, and other teams throughout the company.
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent experience) in a design discipline related to interaction, information architecture, user interface, UX, graphic design.
- 5+ years of experience designing digital products and services. Bonus: In-house for e-commerce, preferably for international markets).
- Experience leading the end-to-end design of new digital products and features over a long-term customer lifecycle
- Experience managing other designers in order to create compelling and considered design solutions.
- Experience driving user research and usability studies through planning, execution, and iteration phases.
- Experience and understanding of the value of prototyping and user testing to help validate your design solutions.
- Excellent communication (verbal, written, visual); ability to propose ideas across teams, and contextualize multiple ideas in relation to one another.
- Strong knowledge of responsive and mobile design conventions and usability patterns
- Expert in: Sketch, Adobe Suite, Invision, and prototyping tools (like Principle)
- Bonus: Knowledge of HTML/CSS and how to design for it, ability to interface directly with developers.
- Bonus: You’ve designed at least one native iOS or Android app that’s live on the app store.
- You'll be working in a high energy, fast-paced environment helping us make oral care simple and effective!
- An office located in the heart of DUMBO with breathtaking views of Manhattan Bridge
- Fully covered health insurance (with an option to opt into a premium internal dental program)
- Commuter benefits for parking & transit
- Offer competitive paid parental leave policy for qualifying employees
- Flexible work from home options
- Open vacation policy
- Dog-friendly office space
- 401k Contribution
- Extended Education Assistance
- Employee Referral Program
- Competitive compensation package with stock options at a high-growth startup
- Fully stocked kitchen with snacks (make sure to use your quip after snacking!)
- Generous employee discount on all quip products
- The opportunity to help us make oral care more simple, effective and accessible!
Most of us aren’t brushing our teeth correctly, either because we don’t know how to do it right, or because we just don’t feel like it. At quip, we design delightful products and experiences to help you care for your mouth better. Our initial product is a beautifully simple electric toothbrush and toothpaste that was featured by Time Magazine as one of the 25 Best Inventions of 2016. With refill brush heads and toothpaste arriving on a 3-monthly schedule, we are now growing our physical and digital product and service line with that same standard of design to help with the whole of our member’s oral care routines. We pride ourselves on great design and our brand values of simplicity, honesty and accessibility are applied throughout our community.
quip is committed to promoting equality, inclusion, and diversity beyond your brushing routine. We believe our company is better equipped to care for every mouth when we listen to fresh perspectives from every voice, and in doing so, we build an equal-opportunity team of the brightest minds (and mouths)—regardless of race, gender, age, religion, sexual orientation, identity, or any other trait that makes you you. By celebrating and supporting our differences, we will thrive in our mission to improve oral health for all.