At quip, we design and deliver delightful products and services that help keep your mouth healthy. We are always looking for superstars in their field of work or study to join our team.
quip has ambitious goals and recognizes the need for internal counsel to stay on the cutting edge of healthcare transactional activity, strategy, and compliance initiatives. We are looking for someone who wants to coordinate agreements with healthcare entities, drive strategic decision making, and develop compliance initiatives within the oral care industry, working closely with several cross-functional teams.
- Review, revise and negotiate various agreements with health care entities, as well as general commercial agreements
- Interpret contracts, NDA’s, federal and state legal regulations, and address healthcare and HIPAA compliance matters related to products, content, and professional care services
- Provide insight into the Dental Practice Act, Anti-Kickback Statute, Stark’s Law, the Sunshine Act, and other dental related legislature
- Initiate and develop healthcare compliance initiatives on policies, procedures, and trainings
- Provide high-quality legal and strategic advice to a diverse client base regarding the full spectrum of healthcare and commercial contracting issues
- Serve as subject matter expert with our internal stakeholders
- Work on cross-functional teams with a problem-solving approach
- Monitor developments in relevant laws by keeping current on legal literature and policy
- Actively contribute to building out and innovation strategy around new products and services
- Help to legally vet external opportunities with which quip is interested in engaging
- Assist in organizing and codifying SOP legal documentation across the organization
- Subject matter expertise with healthcare regulations, including HIPAA
- Transactional and commercial contract experience, particularly interacting with healthcare entities
- 4-6 years of experience at a top law firm, health law practice, or healthcare startup
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation and communication skills
- Highly-motivated, efficient and organized
- Able to juggle multiple projects at a time in a fast-paced environment, both collaborating on a team and working independently to get the job done
- JD degree with excellent academic credentials
- Prior in-house experience in healthcare, life sciences, FDA/GMP/ISO is a plus
- A desire to make a direct and tangible impact on a rapidly growing company
- Ability to learn and move quickly to match the quick growth of the company
- You'll be working in a high energy, fast-paced environment helping us make oral care simple and effective!
- An office located in the heart of DUMBO with breathtaking views of Manhattan Bridge
- Fully covered health insurance (with an option to opt into a premium internal dental program)
- Commuter benefits for parking & transit
- Offer competitive paid parental leave policy for qualifying employees
- Flexible work from home options
- Open vacation policy
- Dog-friendly office space
- 401k Contribution
- Extended Education Assistance
- Employee Referral Program
- Competitive compensation package with stock options at a high-growth startup
- Fully stocked kitchen with snacks (make sure to use your quip after snacking!)
- Generous employee discount on all quip products
- The opportunity to help us make oral care more simple, effective and accessible!
Most of us aren’t brushing our teeth correctly, either because we don’t know how to do it right, or because we just don’t feel like it. At quip, we design delightful products and experiences to help you care for your mouth better. Our initial product is a beautifully simple electric toothbrush and toothpaste that was featured by Time Magazine as one of the 25 Best Inventions of 2016. With refill brush heads and toothpaste arriving on a 3-monthly schedule. We pride ourselves on great design and our brand values of simplicity, honesty, and accessibility, which are applied throughout our community.
quip is committed to promoting equality, inclusion, and diversity beyond your brushing routine. We believe our company is better equipped to care for every mouth when we listen to fresh perspectives from every voice, and in doing so, we build an equal-opportunity team of the brightest minds (and mouths)—regardless of race, gender, age, religion, sexual orientation, identity, or any other trait that makes you you. By celebrating and supporting our differences, we will thrive in our mission to improve oral health for all.