At quip, we design and deliver delightful and effective ways to keep your mouth healthy, from the daily care products that help you at home every day, to the professional care services you require at least twice a year.
Over the past three years, we have grown a large digital platform and community of over 1 million active consumer-members and tens of thousands of dental professional members on our oral care subscription service through our direct to consumer channels. At the end of 2018 we opened new acquisition channels (through nationwide partnerships with a large retailer) which will help further accelerate our growth across the United States, and in 2019 we are excited to start connecting our consumer network with our provider one, through care products that serve both the 70% that are already insured, and the 30% who are not.
The Chief of Staff role requires an exceptional leader - one who know how to lead from principle and respect-based influence rather than authority and that can bring judgment and experience to the role and organization at large.
- Allow the CEO to focus on impact by ensuring that vision, culture, and intent is properly developed and communicated across teams
- Manager team meetings, including planning, agenda, notes, and execution of action items. Distill discussions and thoughts into strategic plans
- Own and continuously improve company operating cadence (e.g. executive team meetings, quarterly business reviews, leadership offsite)
- Execute deliverables with a hands-on approach including drafting correspondence from the CEO and other tasks that facilitate the ability to effectively execute top priorities.
- Drive execution of action items agreed upon by the CEO and the executive team.
- Drive operational and planning processes to completion in partnership with the executive team and the broader organization.
- Create structure and focus for broad, ambiguous ideas that the executive team is exploring and bring forth recommendations for action in a timely manner
- Provide ad-hoc support on projects small to large; this could include research, financial modeling, internal initiatives, new expansion explorations, and more. Step in where help is most needed.
- Work closely with the CEO's EA to manage the prioritization of schedules and meetings.
- Travel occasionally with or on behalf of our CEO to high-priority events.
- Prior hands-on experience and a tenured leadership foundation in the areas of planning & process, product and/or financial planning & strategy execution
- Mature judgment and discretion in keeping sensitive information confidential
- 10+ experience in a combination of management consulting, operations, strategy, consulting or an equivalent field. This role requires past experience working directly with the C-suite/VP level on a regular basis
- Experience developing executive presentations, documents, etc. with advanced level MS PowerPoint, Excel, and Word skills (or equivalent)
- Strong interpersonal skills and proven ability to work seamlessly with a variety of personalities and functional disciplines. Ability to build relationships with cross-functional colleagues.
- Proven ability to track, prioritize, and drive multiple concurrent projects to success. This position is expected to utilize data and metrics to communicate needs with the ease of a business unit owner
- Excellent communicator in written and verbal form; ability to work well with executives, and able to lead and influence across multiple levels and multiple functions of an organization
- Entrepreneurial, with a high tolerance for ambiguity and complexity, and efficient with limited resources
- Proven experience designing and leading strategic planning at a hyper-growth company
- Financial prowess and ability to create budgets, models, etc.
- BA/BS degree. Master’s degree and healthcare experience preferred
- You'll be working in a high energy, fast-paced environment helping us make oral care simple and effective!
- An office located in the heart of DUMBO with breathtaking views of Manhattan Bridge
- Fully covered health insurance (with an option to opt into a premium internal dental program)
- Commuter benefits for parking & transit
- Offer competitive paid parental leave policy for qualifying employees
- Flexible work from home options
- Open vacation policy
- Dog-friendly office space
- 401k Contribution
- Extended Education Assistance
- Employee Referral Program
- Competitive compensation package with stock options at a high-growth startup
- Fully stocked kitchen with snacks (make sure to use your quip after snacking!)
- Your very own quip with an unlimited subscription plan
- The opportunity to help us make oral care more simple, effective and accessible!
Most of us aren’t brushing our teeth correctly, either because we don’t know how to do it right, or because we just don’t feel like it. At quip, we design delightful products and experiences to help you care for your mouth better. Our initial product is a beautifully simple electric toothbrush and toothpaste that was featured by Time Magazine as one of the 25 Best Inventions of 2016. With refill brush heads and toothpaste arriving on a 3-monthly schedule. We pride ourselves on great design and our brand values of simplicity, honesty and accessibility, which are applied throughout our community. We are excited to apply these principles to the acceleration of our digital patient-professional advice and services platform.
quip is committed to promoting equality, inclusion, and diversity beyond your brushing routine. We believe our company is better equipped to care for every mouth when we listen to fresh perspectives from every voice, and in doing so, we build an equal-opportunity team of the brightest minds (and mouths)—regardless of race, gender, age, religion, sexual orientation, identity, or any other trait that makes you you. By celebrating and supporting our differences, we will thrive in our mission to improve oral health for all.