At quip, we design and deliver delightful products and services that help keep your mouth healthy. Over the past 3 years, we have sold over 1 million toothbrushes and toothpaste through our direct to consumer and retail channels. We are always looking for superstars in their field of work or study to join our team.
quip is seeking an HR Generalist who will be responsible for the administration of human resource functions and duties in our New York location. We're looking for someone excited to seek a career in Human Resources. You'll partner with our senior leaders to champion our culture and values. Your focus will be on partnering with the members of our team, creating exciting career paths, and fostering a community of high performance, innovation, and teamwork. In this role, you'll be a resource for anything Human Resources related to our team in New York, as well as partner with internal and external partners for payroll and benefits.
- Drive new hire on-boarding process (including background check, IT setup, and new hire paperwork)
- Assist with payroll administration and benefits
- Act as a point of contact for all employee and welfare queries
- Assist with special projects as needed
- Assist with HR-related reporting
- Act as a brand ambassador for quip
- Responsible for all employee work-life portal updates
- Assist with timekeeping and payroll
- Be able to speak to quip’s benefit plans
- Own pay changes, personal information updates, contracts, and all things employee work-life related
- Bachelor's degree required
- 2+ years of hands-on experience in an administrative or HR capacity
- In-depth understanding of New York Labor Laws and state laws
- Experience with an HRIS
- aPHR, PHR, or SHRM certifications preferred
- Ability to work in a fast-paced startup
- Strong interpersonal/collaboration skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Creative and resourceful thinker
- You'll be working in a high energy, fast-paced environment helping us make oral care simple and effective!
- An office located in the heart of DUMBO with breathtaking views of Manhattan Bridge
- Fully covered health insurance (with an option to opt into a premium internal dental program)
- Commuter benefits for parking & transit
- Offer competitive paid parental leave policy for qualifying employees
- Flexible work from home options
- Open vacation policy
- Dog-friendly office space
- 401k Contribution
- Employee Bonus Referral
- Extended Education Assistance
- Competitive compensation package
- Fully stocked kitchen with snacks (make sure to use your quip after snacking!)
- Your very own quip with an unlimited subscription plan
- The opportunity to help us make oral care more simple, effective and accessible!
Most of us aren’t brushing our teeth correctly, either because we don’t know how to do it right, or because we just don’t feel like it. At quip, we design delightful products and experiences to help you care for your mouth better. Our initial product is a beautifully simple electric toothbrush and toothpaste that was featured by Time Magazine as one of the 25 Best Inventions of 2016. With refill brush heads and toothpaste arriving on a 3-monthly schedule, we are now growing our product line with that same standard of design. We pride ourselves on great design and our brand values of simplicity, honesty and accessibility are applied throughout our community.
quip is committed to promoting equality, inclusion, and diversity beyond your brushing routine. We believe our company is better equipped to care for every mouth when we listen to fresh perspectives from every voice, and in doing so, we build an equal-opportunity team of the brightest minds (and mouths)—regardless of race, gender, age, religion, sexual orientation, identity, or any other trait that makes you you. By celebrating and supporting our differences, we will thrive in our mission to improve oral health for all.