At quip, we design and deliver delightful products and services that help keep your mouth healthy. Over the past 3 years, we have sold over 1 million toothbrushes and toothpaste through our direct to consumer and retail channels. We are always looking for superstars in their field of work or study to join our team.
The position requires the individual to be self-motivated and a key contributor to our Finance Team to support the greater Accounting function. They will be highly focused and passionate about their responsibilities, with strong communication skills and attention to detail. The individual will also be responsible for assisting in developing and maintaining Accounting best practices for processes and procedures. With the proper multitasking and time management abilities, this individual will thrive as a member of the Finance Team and at quip as a whole. This role reports directly to the Senior Accounting Manager.
- Support team by overseeing key accounting functions as part of the financial close and financial reporting, which may include: revenue recognition, daily bank/credit card transactions, inventory accounting, accounts receivable, accounts payable, payroll, etc.
- Support manager in establishing and monitoring internal controls and accounting policies and procedures in accordance with US GAAP and SOX compliance regulations
- Prepare monthly journal entries, balance sheet reconciliations and reports of key accounts
- Maintenance of a chart of accounts, by department, location, etc. to support financial reporting and to meet the needs of quip management
- Assist in the processing of invoices for payment with accurate general ledger coding in accordance to U. S. GAAP.
- Review employee expense reports for accuracy and compliance and analyze vs. budget
- Manage the 1099 and W9 processes (ensuring appropriate 1099 status of vendors)
- Assist the company through financial statement and internal control audits
- Support team in the implementation of accounting and financial reporting systems, and continually assess systems to meet the company's growth needs
- Assist in the implementation of accounting best practices across new and existing processes and procedures, specifically focusing on optimization and the reduction of manual processes
- Collaborate cross-functionally to support key company initiatives across the organization
- Work with team on ad hoc projects, as needed
- Remain current on industry-specific accounting standards, guidance, and trends
- Degree in Accounting required, CPA license preferred
- 2-4 years of professional accounting experience, preferably in the D2C/retail/health services space or in related disruptive space, ideally working with inventory
- Strong written and verbal communication abilities
- Quickbooks Desktop experience preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft suite
- Technical accounting skills, with an understanding of current US GAAP standards, internal control procedures, and SOX implementation
- Expert multi-tasker, able to assist on multiple high-priority projects simultaneously and produce quality deliverables within tight time frames
- Ability and willingness to quickly and efficiently adapt in a rapidly changing, start-up environment
- You'll be working in a high energy, fast-paced environment helping us make oral care simple and effective!
- An office located in the heart of DUMBO with breathtaking views of Manhattan Bridge
- Fully covered health insurance (with an option to opt into a premium internal dental program)
- Commuter benefits for parking & transit
- Offer competitive paid parental leave policy for qualifying employees
- Flexible work from home options
- Open vacation policy
- Dog-friendly office space
- 401k Contribution
- Extended Education Assistance
- Competitive compensation package
- Fully stocked kitchen with snacks (make sure to use your quip after snacking!)
- Your very own quip with an unlimited subscription plan
Most of us aren't brushing our teeth correctly, either because we don't know how to do it right, or because we just don't feel like it. At quip, we design delightful products and experiences to help you care for your mouth better. Our initial product is a beautifully simple electric toothbrush and toothpaste that was featured by Time Magazine as one of the 25 Best Inventions of 2016. With refill brush heads and toothpaste arriving on a 3-monthly schedule, we are now growing our physical and digital product and service line with that same standard of design to help with the whole of our member's oral care routines. We pride ourselves on great design and our brand values of simplicity, honesty and accessibility are applied throughout our community.
quip is committed to promoting equality, inclusion, and diversity beyond your brushing routine. We believe our company is better equipped to care for every mouth when we listen to fresh perspectives from every voice, and in doing so, we build an equal-opportunity team of the brightest minds (and mouths)—regardless of race, gender, age, religion, sexual orientation, identity, or any other trait that makes you you. By celebrating and supporting our differences, we will thrive in our mission to improve oral health for all.