At quip, we design and deliver delightful products and services that keep your mouth healthy. Over the past 3 years, we have grown a large community of over 1 million active consumer members (and tens of thousands of dental professionals) via our toothbrush and toothpaste subscription service and our direct to consumer channels. On July 9th, 2019, we launched quipcare, a new dental services vertical. As we roll out quipcare, we expect our consumer and professional communities to continue to grow fast and the product and services we offer them through our digital platform to grow even faster.
The ideal candidate is results-driven, a user-focused individual who can effectively define and address the dual needs of patients and dental professionals. This role reports into the Director of Network and Plan. The right candidate has excellent communication skills and a proven track record of bringing products to market. With an analytical approach and a deep understanding of the market, you will deftly connect our product capabilities to provider and patient needs in the dental services space. You will collaborate with cross-functional teams on product launch and promotion strategy, communicating the value of quip’s new professional care platform to both internal and external audiences.
- Our strength is in our providers: Deep dive to research and assemble a nuanced understanding of provider personas, needs and wants via surveys, user research, in-person visits, and data analysis
- Partner with operations and strategy teammates to refine and optimize provider quality standards
- Research the markets and positioning for a wide range of potential quipcare growth paths to generate opinions that contribute to shaping quipcare business strategy
- Map full competitive landscape, define audience and experience for new features and products as the first step in going to market
- Work with brand marketing and creative teams to develop product positioning and messaging to be used for both professional and consumer audiences across multiple marketing and sales touchpoints that differentiates our products against other competitors
- Be the voice of the customer through research and qualitative feedback to understand how users evaluate and adopt products & services in the market
- Assess the market landscape, provide market analysis, identify target markets, define ideal customer profiles and buyer personas, and conduct competitive analysis
- Inspire and develop our overall customer strategy, compiling regular reports and presentations, driving go-to-market alignment, and knowing our customer segments inside and out
- Independently run ad-hoc projects to understand the business implications of proposed product and marketing decisions
- Work with the product and sales team to identify opportunities for our product to evolve based on customer and market research
- 4+ years of product marketing experience required, healthcare or B2B experience preferred
- Previous experience bringing a product that is first/new to the market
- You’re highly organized with the ability to multi-task with multiple projects in a fast-paced environment with attention to detail
- You nerd out over data and have a strong understanding and proficiency in qualitative and quantitative research
- You’re creative, scrappy and a positive self-starter that brings action-oriented, results-driven approaches to the table
- You’ll be on the pulse of our customers buying behaviors and be able to collaborate with product managers in identifying key features that will move the needle for the business
Things we value
- Curiosity. We are lifelong learners. You’ll find us testing, optimizing and researching just about everything. We are always pursuing growth for ourselves and for the business.
- Diversity & inclusion. We believe deeply in celebrating diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin and all the other unique characteristics that make us different.
- Empathy. We work hard to better understand what it’s like to be in someone else’s shoes, and ensure that empathy is at the heart of designing new experiences.
- Passion. Life at quip will be most rewarding if you’re someone who finds joy in optimizing user experiences in a world fostering better oral health.
- Fun! We know better work is done when we don’t take ourselves too seriously, and like to inject humor and play into our day-to-day.
- You'll be working in a high energy, fast-paced environment helping us make oral care simple and effective!
- An office located in the heart of DUMBO with breathtaking views of Manhattan Bridge
- Fully covered health insurance (with an option to opt into a premium internal dental program)
- Commuter benefits for parking & transit
- Offer competitive paid parental leave policy for qualifying employees
- Flexible work from home options
- Open vacation policy
- Dog-friendly office space
- 401k Contribution
- Extended Education Assistance
- Employee Referral Program
- Competitive compensation package with stock options at a high-growth startup
- Fully stocked kitchen with snacks (make sure to use your quip after snacking!)
- Your very own quip with an unlimited subscription plan
- The opportunity to help us make oral care more simple, effective and accessible!
Most of us aren’t brushing our teeth correctly, either because we don’t know how to do it right, or because we just don’t feel like it. At quip, we design delightful products and experiences to help you care for your mouth better. Our initial product is a beautifully simple electric toothbrush and toothpaste that was featured by Time Magazine as one of the 25 Best Inventions of 2016. With refill brush heads and toothpaste arriving on a 3-monthly schedule, we are now growing our physical and digital product and service line with that same standard of design to help with the whole of our member’s oral care routines. We pride ourselves on great design and our brand values of simplicity, honesty and accessibility are applied throughout our community. We are excited to apply these principles to the acceleration of our digital patient-professional advice and services platform.
quip is committed to promoting equality, inclusion, and diversity beyond your brushing routine. We believe our company is better equipped to care for every mouth when we listen to fresh perspectives from every voice, and in doing so, we build an equal-opportunity team of the brightest minds (and mouths)—regardless of race, gender, age, religion, sexual orientation, identity, or any other trait that makes you you. By celebrating and supporting our differences, we will thrive in our mission to improve oral health for all.