At quip, we design and deliver delightful products and services that keep your mouth healthy. We are looking for a Vice President of People Operations who will help establish a strong vision for what the quip team will look like as we expand from a consumer product company to a patient and provider facing digital platform. Within this growth, we aim to improve every aspect of a member’s oral health through an integrated suite of design-driven everyday products, engaging oral health advice, and affordable professional services.
As Vice President of People Operations, you will be responsible for leading quip and the People Operations team through its next phase of growth with the team forecasting to grow 2x over the next 12 months. This person will be our strategic thought leader when it comes to growth initiatives and the people experience. This individual will be critical in ensuring to hire with quip’s values and cultures in mind while continuing to develop a best-in-class employee experience through forward-looking and innovative compensation, benefits, and promotion of health & wellness initiatives.
- You will lead a team that includes an HR Generalist, Recruiters, People Operations Manager, and Office Manager and will continue to grow the People team to meet quip’s growing needs
- Strategize and execute on quip’s hiring roadmap in coordination with team leads
- Own the strategy and implementation of systems based on the business needs of the company
- Ensure quip’s benefits and compensation plans are comprehensive, creative, and ahead of the market standards and trends
- You will be business-minded and capable of speaking to strategic growth in the company
- Responsible for the budget for the calendar year and driving data to make informed decisions for the People Operations Team
- Reports into the CEO and assist in any needs of the board
- Be the steward of quip’s values, mission, and culture of transparency across the company while developing a feedback loop to measure employee engagement and feedback
- Be the “pulse of the organization” and assess organizational health and effectiveness on a regular basis. Be able to identify opportunities for improvement within all areas of quip
- Partner with team to maintain and create employee performance assessment processes
- Provide mentorship and guidance to a fast-growing and ambitious management team. Working with them to identify needs, pain points, and leadership strategies
- 10+ years of People Operations experience in a fast-growing company, preferably in a health-tech or CPG vertical
- Experience in scaling teams and establishing a physical presence internationally is required
- Strong experience growing a medium stage startup (80 employees) to the next stage
- Proven track record of mentoring employees and coaching management
- Familiarity and knowledge of immigration processes and regulations pertaining to employment.
- Experience in recruiting is a plus
- Experience in a company that requires HIPAA compliance is a plus
- Experience taking an early-stage startup to a more established company is a plus
- You'll be working in a high energy, fast-paced environment helping us make oral care simple and effective!
- An office located in the heart of DUMBO with breathtaking views of Manhattan Bridge
- Fully covered health insurance (with an option to opt into a premium internal dental program)
- Commuter benefits for parking & transit
- Offer competitive paid parental leave policy for qualifying employees
- Flexible work from home options
- Open vacation policy
- Dog-friendly office space
- 401k Contribution
- Extended Education Assistance
- Employee Referral Program
- Competitive compensation package with stock options at a high-growth startup
- Fully stocked kitchen with snacks (make sure to use your quip after snacking!)
- Your very own quip with an unlimited subscription plan
- The opportunity to help us make oral care more simple, effective and accessible!
Most of us aren’t brushing our teeth correctly, either because we don’t know how to do it right, or because we just don’t feel like it. At quip, we design delightful products and experiences to help you care for your mouth better. Our initial product is a beautifully simple electric toothbrush and toothpaste that was featured by Time Magazine as one of the 25 Best Inventions of 2016. With refill brush heads and toothpaste arriving on a 3-monthly schedule. We pride ourselves on great design and our brand values of simplicity, honesty, and accessibility, which are applied throughout our community. We are excited to apply these principles to the acceleration of our digital patient-professional advice and services platform.
quip is committed to promoting equality, inclusion, and diversity beyond your brushing routine. We believe our company is better equipped to care for every mouth when we listen to fresh perspectives from every voice, and in doing so, we build an equal-opportunity team of the brightest minds (and mouths)—regardless of race, gender, age, religion, sexual orientation, identity, or any other trait that makes you you. By celebrating and supporting our differences, we will thrive in our mission to improve oral health for all.