At quip, we design and deliver delightful products and services that keep your mouth healthy. We are looking for a Senior Product Manager to join our Hardware Innovation group, who will help execute a strong vision for improving, refreshing and growing this range of products to support more oral care needs and our ever-increasing member base that is in the millions.
As a Senior Hardware Product Manager, you have experience mobilizing cross-functional teams to coordinate, execute, and deliver on a vision for the hardware product roadmap that aligns with quip’s mission at every level. quip’s Hardware Innovation team prides itself on creative problem solving that bucks most ordinary practice. When we envision a product with unparalleled user experience, it requires a rigor of method, a depth of intelligence, and a penchant for delight not found in everyday products. If you’re ridiculously passionate about good design, we want to talk.
- Pair insights with business expertise and strategic thinking, to develop, prioritize and manage the hardware roadmap
- Be the voice of the customer and advocate for solutions based on research and qualitative feedback that address their needs, aspirations and pain points
- Assess the market landscape, provide market analysis, identify target markets, define ideal customer profiles and buyer personas, and conduct competitive analysis
- Communicate research findings through persuasive and compelling arguments that provide the hardware team with recommendations on what will make for a successful product
- Work with the broader hardware team to drive R&D and interweave cutting-edge technology into product roadmaps
- Engage cross-functional teams at quip in innovation sessions to explore and prioritize opportunities for existing and new product lines
- Monitor and report on sales and customer satisfaction metrics for all products, and offer data-driven insights about what new products or product lines will have meaningful impact in the market as well as to our business
- Partner with e-commerce, product marketing and retail stakeholders to develop effective sales and merchandising strategies for all products
- Own and develop product positioning that differentiates our products against competitors to be used across multiple marketing and sales touchpoints
- Provide input into pricing, go-to-market, and sales forecasts
- Ensure the company understands why we are building a product, by delivering an effective and engaging vision that motivates the entire organization
- Manage expectations with leadership and create organization-wide alignment for hardware priorities, features and product releases
- 5+ years of product management experience in the hardware space
- A bachelor’s degree in design, engineering, or equivalent experience
- Previous experience bringing products to market
- Experience with developing the product vision and requirements for successful product experience
- Well versed in translating business goals into technical requirements, and have demonstrated analytical skills and business acumen
- Experience working with overseas vendors
- Success working in a startup environment
- Experience in healthcare or dental space
- You'll be working in a high energy, fast-paced environment helping us make oral care simple and effective!
- An office located in the heart of DUMBO with breathtaking views of Manhattan Bridge
- Fully covered health insurance (with an option to opt into a premium internal dental program)
- Commuter benefits for parking & transit
- Offer competitive paid parental leave policy for qualifying employees
- Flexible work from home options
- Open vacation policy
- Dog-friendly office space
- 401k Contribution
- Extended Education Assistance
- Employee Referral Program
- Competitive compensation package with stock options at a high-growth startup
- Fully stocked kitchen with snacks (make sure to use your quip after snacking!)
- Your very own quip with an unlimited subscription plan
- The opportunity to help us make oral care more simple, effective and accessible!
Most of us aren’t brushing our teeth correctly, either because we don’t know how to do it right, or because we just don’t feel like it. At quip, we design delightful products and experiences to help you care for your mouth better. Our initial product is a beautifully simple electric toothbrush and toothpaste that was featured by Time Magazine as one of the 25 Best Inventions of 2016. With refill brush heads and toothpaste arriving on a 3-monthly schedule, we are now growing our physical and digital product and service line with that same standard of design to help with the whole of our member’s oral care routines. We pride ourselves on great design and our brand values of simplicity, honesty and accessibility are applied throughout our community. We are excited to apply these principles to the acceleration of our digital patient-professional advice and services platform.
quip is committed to promoting equality, inclusion, and diversity beyond your brushing routine. We believe our company is better equipped to care for every mouth when we listen to fresh perspectives from every voice, and in doing so, we build an equal-opportunity team of the brightest minds (and mouths)—regardless of race, gender, age, religion, sexual orientation, identity, or any other trait that makes you you. By celebrating and supporting our differences, we will thrive in our mission to improve oral health for all