At quip, we design and deliver delightful products and services that keep your mouth healthy.
Over the past 3 years, we have grown a large community of over 1 million active members, and 30,000 dental professionals, on our toothbrush and toothpaste subscription service through our direct to consumer website. In 2019, we expect our consumer and professional communities to continue to grow fast and the product and services we offer them through our digital platform to grow even faster.
Research at quip means wearing many hats, from human observer and user testing facilitator to survey synthesizer and researcher. We are looking for a researcher who has a passion and curiosity for deeply understanding our users.
- Working closely with hardware, marketing, and creative teams to ensure design requirements are achieved.
- Maintain a pulse on the oral health industry
- Participate as a contributor to interdisciplinary teams that includes other designers, project management, business and hardware, and software developers
- Design and conduct user studies to gauge the usability of new and existing quip products
- Effectively synthesize and communicate research findings that lead to data-driven recommendations for improvements based on your findings
- Produce personas, customer journey maps, flowcharts, and low-fidelity wireframes
- A BA/BS degree in Anthropology, Human Factors, Psychology, HCI/Computer Science, related field or equivalent practical experience
- 5+ years managing user research
- You’re a true advocate to the user
- You have basic design chops and can quickly spin up proof of concepts using Sketch or Adobe Creative Suite
- You’re a self-starter that can effectively project manage, with great attention to detail
- You have a strong understanding of the strengths and shortcomings of different research methods, including when and how to apply them during each product phase
Things we value
- Curiosity. We are lifelong learners. You’ll find us testing, optimizing and researching just about everything. We are always pursuing growth for ourselves and for the business
- Diversity & Inclusion. We believe deeply in celebrating the diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin and all the other unique characteristics that make us different
- Empathy. We work hard to better understand what it’s like to be in someone else’s shoes, and ensure that empathy is at the heart of designing new experiences
- Passion. Life at quip will be most rewarding if you’re someone who finds joy in optimizing user experiences in a world fostering better oral health
- Fun! We know better work is done when we don’t take ourselves too seriously and like to inject humor and play into our day-to-day
- You'll be working in a high energy, fast-paced environment helping us make oral care simple and effective!
- An office located in the heart of DUMBO with breathtaking views of Manhattan Bridge
- Fully covered health insurance (with an option to opt into a premium internal dental program)
- Commuter benefits for parking & transit
- Offer competitive paid parental leave policy for qualifying employees
- Flexible work from home options
- Open vacation policy
- Dog-friendly office space
- 401k Contribution
- Extended Education Assistance
- Employee Referral Program
- Competitive compensation package with stock options at a high-growth startup
- Fully stocked kitchen with snacks (make sure to use your quip after snacking!)
- Your very own quip with an unlimited subscription plan
- The opportunity to help us make oral care more simple, effective, and accessible!
Most of us aren’t brushing our teeth correctly, either because we don’t know how to do it right, or because we just don’t feel like it. At quip, we design delightful products and experiences to help you care for your mouth better. Our initial product is a beautifully simple electric toothbrush and toothpaste that was featured by Time Magazine as one of the 25 Best Inventions of 2016. With refill brush heads and toothpaste arriving on a 3-monthly schedule, we are now growing our physical and digital product and service line with that same standard of design to help with the whole of our member’s oral care routines. We pride ourselves on great design and our brand values of simplicity, honesty and accessibility are applied throughout our community.
quip is committed to promoting equality, inclusion, and diversity beyond your brushing routine. We believe our company is better equipped to care for every mouth when we listen to fresh perspectives from every voice, and in doing so, we build an equal-opportunity team of the brightest minds (and mouths)—regardless of race, gender, age, religion, sexual orientation, identity, or any other trait that makes you you. By celebrating and supporting our differences, we will thrive in our mission to improve oral health for all.