At quip, we design and deliver delightful products and services that keep your mouth healthy.
As the Director of NPI on the Product Operations Team, you will own overall end-to-end sourcing and program responsibility (NPI & Sustaining), including the sourcing and contracting of components and CM (contract manufacturing) services.
The focus of this role will be on enhancing our ability to bring the best, FDA compliant, products to market on-time, within budget, and meeting stringent quality standards by managing key aspects of upcoming product launches. This role will collaborate closely with Product Managers, Product Engineering, Sales and Marketing, Finance, and other Operations teams. This function will include Component and CM Sourcing, Contracting, Product Cost Management, Product Lifecycle Management, Product Data Management, and NPI/Operations Program Management. You will be responsible for the leadership of the team and will be expected to establish goals and to deliver objectives while fostering the growth of the team members in a fast-paced environment.
The ideal candidate would have extensive experience in sourcing of consumables, consumer electronic hardware, and managing successful launches of FDA compliant consumer hardware NPI programs; having extensive relationships with component and EMS suppliers within the consumer electronics industry.
- Build, grow, inspire and coach a high performing team that is capable of meeting/exceeding business goals and objectives. Assess current organizational capability to understand gaps and devise plans to close those gaps through hiring, training, and coaching/mentoring. Develop and nurture core competencies within Sourcing and NPI to build a high performing team. Provide medium and long-range career development plans that provide new opportunities, challenges, and growth.
- Establish departmental standard operating procedures for project management, product lifecycle management, cost estimating, capital costs, and prototyping
- Develop strategies, based on best practices, around sourcing, contracting, cost negotiations, and NPI management to support the company’s entire product portfolio of CE medical devices and consumables.
- Partner closely with cross-functional teams including Product Development to prototype and develop new products and refine existing products. Ensuring product cost, manufacturability, reliability, product safety, and compliance, and go-to-market strategies are met
- Ensure project management disciplines are followed to deliver ‘quick to market’ launches for new products, owning: NPI program execution, phase gate reviews, cost management, and risk reporting
- Work closely with Demand and Supply Planning Teams to ensure material availability, factory capacity, product launch, and finished product availability
- Maintain a continuous improvement mindset; willingness to challenge current thinking. Lead operations improvement initiatives through metrics, employee development, value chain analysis, and integrated strategic planning as well as project execution
- Implement and maintain program management systems, processes, and tools to ensure programs are meeting schedule, cost, budget, and quality requirements
- Use resource planning tools in order to project staffing needs and manage cost.
- Requires frequent overseas travel
- Proven leadership skills – building teams, leading other leaders, coaching, and development of others providing both tactical and strategic leadership to an organization
- 5+ years of professional experience
- Strong hands-on management and leadership experience (5+ years) in sourcing, NPI program management, operations/manufacturing, preferably in an ISO 13485 compliant medical device manufacturing environment
- Experienced in cost engineering
- Excellent program management skills with attention to detail
- Expertise in global technical product, sourcing, manufacturing, and operations processes.
- Working knowledge of ERP, PLM, and Program Management system
- Proven track record in change management, positive influencing, and conflict resolution
- Data-driven, decisive, and goal-oriented
- You'll be working in a high energy, fast-paced environment helping us make oral care simple and effective!
- An office located in the heart of DUMBO with breathtaking views of Manhattan Bridge
- Wifi enabled rooftop
- Fully covered health insurance (with an option to opt into a premium internal dental program)
- Commuter benefits for parking & transit
- Offer competitive paid parental leave policy for qualifying employees
- Flexible work from home options
- Open vacation policy
- Dog-friendly office space
- 401k Contribution
- Extended Education Support
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Competitive compensation package with stock options at a high-growth startup
- Fully stocked kitchen with snacks (make sure to use your quip after snacking!)
- Your very own quip with an unlimited subscription plan
- The opportunity to help us make oral care more simple, effective and accessible!
Most of us aren’t brushing our teeth correctly, either because we don’t know how to do it right, or because we just don’t feel like it. At quip, we design delightful products and experiences to help you care for your mouth better. Our initial product is a beautifully simple electric toothbrush and toothpaste that was featured by Time Magazine as one of the 25 Best Inventions of 2016. With refill brush heads and toothpaste arriving on a 3-monthly schedule, we are now growing our product line with that same standard of design. We pride ourselves on great design and our brand values of simplicity, honesty and accessibility are applied throughout our community.
quip is committed to promoting equality, inclusion, and diversity beyond your brushing routine. We believe our company is better equipped to care for every mouth when we listen to fresh perspectives from every voice, and in doing so, we build an equal-opportunity team of the brightest minds (and mouths)—regardless of race, gender, age, religion, sexual orientation, identity, or any other trait that makes you you. By celebrating and supporting our differences, we will thrive in our mission to improve oral health for all.