At quip, we design and deliver delightful products, content, and services that keep your mouth healthy.
Over the past 3 years, we have grown a large community of over 1 million active members (and over 30,000 dental professionals) through our direct to consumer oral health subscription service, and in 2019 we expect our consumer and professional communities to grow even faster and more demographically and geographically diverse than ever before. This role will work to identify opportunities within our marketing and advertising strategy.
This role will help to examine our data as it relates to marketing performance, lifetime value optimization, media mix modeling, and general analysis and insights. This role will work closely with channel owners brand strategists, insights & experience, and analysts to help bring about channel level optimizations as well as general improvements to messaging and budget allocation. 110% chance you love a good/beautiful dashboard.
This person will drive business outcomes through thoughtful experimentation and analysis. Data infrastructure and customer segmentation should be second nature and the desire to apply our first party data in marketing and product strategy should be strong. You must be a great communicator and have a knack for displaying and organizing data to achieve granular insights and hit KPIs.
- Lead Marketing Analytics strategy, work with the tech, growth, brand, and insights & experience team to advance our marketing data strategy
- Run models on marketing mix optimization and improve our budget allocation
- Work with partners internal and external to supplement our data with new metrics and attributes
- Collaborate with the growth team to improve attribution strategy
- Improve the way we catalogue and record our data to create new ways of analyzing
- Establish cross channel reporting analytics and work with product and growth to implement offer and site tests
- Work to identify behavioral cues to improve the retention and satisfaction of quip members
- Track against key financial KPIs
- Advocate for and have strong opinions on tools, services, partners, operations, and workstreams to better enable or facilitate KPIs
- Stay up-to-date on emerging best practices and trends, serve as an expert on marketing analytics
- Hold a degree in Economics, Engineering, Information Systems, or related field
- 4+ years experience in data, finance, growth, engineering or business operations/insights
- Experienced working with large and complex datasets, cross-functional inputs are a plus
- Experience running marketing tests
- BI tool experience in DOMO preferred but Looker, Tableau, periscope also transferable
- Can quickly navigate complex SQL queries and excel functions (VBA a plus and experience with event-level data analysis with Heap or Snowplow also a plus)
- Quantitative research utilizing R, Python, or Matlab
- Strong understanding of marketing data and tech stacks
- A desire to use data in creative ways to drive and measure results
- Ability to plan ahead and organize data to ensure accuracy
- A Strong visual organization, attention to detail, and a no-task-too-small mentality
- Communicate clearly and consistently, written and verbal skills to match
- Desire to leverage past experience to make a business impact and motivated by a flexible environment
- You'll be working in a high energy, fast-paced environment helping us make oral care simple and effective!
- An office located in the heart of DUMBO with breathtaking views of Manhattan Bridge
- Fully covered health insurance (with an option to opt into a premium internal dental program)
- Commuter benefits for parking & transit
- Offer competitive paid parental leave policy for qualifying employees
- Flexible work from home options
- Open vacation policy
- Dog-friendly office space
- 401k Contribution
- Extended Education Assistance
- Employee Referral Program
- Competitive compensation package with stock options at a high-growth startup
- Fully stocked kitchen with snacks (make sure to use your quip after snacking!)
- Your very own quip with an unlimited subscription plan
- The opportunity to help us make oral care more simple, effective and accessible!
Most of us aren’t brushing our teeth correctly, either because we don’t know how to do it right, or because we just don’t feel like it. At quip, we design delightful products and experiences to help you care for your mouth better. Our initial product is a beautifully simple electric toothbrush and toothpaste that was featured by Time Magazine as one of the 25 Best Inventions of 2016. With refill brush heads and toothpaste arriving on a 3-monthly schedule, we are now growing our physical and digital product and service line with that same standard of design to help with the whole of our member’s oral care routines. We pride ourselves on great design and our brand values of simplicity, honesty and accessibility are applied throughout our community.
quip is committed to promoting equality, inclusion, and diversity beyond your brushing routine. We believe our company is better equipped to care for every mouth when we listen to fresh perspectives from every voice, and in doing so, we build an equal-opportunity team of the brightest minds (and mouths)—regardless of race, gender, age, religion, sexual orientation, identity, or any other trait that makes you you. By celebrating and supporting our differences, we will thrive in our mission to improve oral health for all.