Quidd is the world's largest social marketplace for digital goods.
Through its apps, Gen Z and Millennials collect, buy, sell, and display limited-edition digital stickers, cards, and 3D toys featuring IP from the world’s best media brands, including Disney, Marvel, HBO, Hasbro, Fox, and others. Collecting, owning, and using rare stuff, like sneakers, streetwear, or trading cards, is a universal human behavior. Quidd's mission is to bring this experience online -- in digital format -- for billions of people.
The company raised its Series A from Sequoia in the fall of 2017 and is based in NYC.
We are looking for a Mid-Level Backend Engineer to join our team in NYC and help us design and build out a scalable backend system and manage a growing team.
- Design perform, robust APIs to support mobile and desktop clients
- Manage and optimize scalable distributed systems on the cloud
- Work with and optimize RDBMS-based heterogeneous storage systems.
- Produce solid quality code, raising the bar for the whole team on quality and speed
- 3+ years software development experience
- Skilled software engineer with experience in multiple compiled languages (Golang, Java, C++)
- Excellent foundation in computer science, algorithms, and software design
- Familiarity with PostgreSQL, Elasticsearch and/or Redis
- Comfortable working in a source controlled environment with a team of developers across multiple branches
- Excellent spoken and written English communication skills
- Computer science degree or equivalent experience
Nice to have
- Git or other code repository available for review
- Experience designing RESTful APIs, specifically for mobile apps
- Experience working on distributed systems, data science projects, or building data pipelines
Who you are
You are our ideal candidate if you...
- Have a passion for collecting or a love for cartoons, comics, games, or movies
- Are able to accomplish complex engineering task independently
- Dream of working on a small and collaborative team