Quidd is the world's largest social marketplace for digital goods.
Through its apps, Gen Z and Millennials collect, buy, sell, and display limited-edition digital stickers, cards, and 3D toys featuring IP from the world’s best media brands, including Disney, Marvel, HBO, Hasbro, Fox, and others.
Collecting, owning, and using rare stuff, like sneakers, streetwear, or trading cards, is a universal human behavior. Quidd's mission is to bring this experience online -- in digital format -- for billions of people.
The company raised its Series A from Sequoia in the fall of 2017 and is based in NYC.
Do you spend most of your time obsessing over TV, film, comics, animation, gaming, music, sneakers, and other pop culture stuff? And find yourself sketching, illustrating, drawing, and creating works featuring your favorite “thing” in your free time?
Quidd is currently looking for a full-time graphic designer who, alongside the rest of the design team, will contribute to creating one of a kind collectible digital content across various intellectual properties. This content includes but is not limited to: licensed digital trading cards and stickers. We’ll be working across a variety of properties and licenses including live action, animated, and 3D. The ideal candidate has a strong understanding of photo/asset manipulation, illustration, and typography. The candidate should able to troubleshoot complex design questions while adhering to goals and deadlines.
This position reports directly to the Creative Director and works in our New York City office.
What The Role Will Entail:
- Developing engaging digital content.
- Digital packaging design as well as supporting assets for content.
- Creating exciting new content for pitches, presentations, and future projects.
- Working with multiple licenses and being able to switch styles and aesthetics on the fly while maintaining brand integrity.
- Constant research and development in order to improve existing product types as well as innovate and develop new ideas.
What We’re Looking For In The Ideal Candidate:
- A passion for, and interest in, all things pop culture related, especially around TV, Film, Comics, Games, and Social Media.
- A constant and fast learner, who isn't afraid to adapt to changes in process quickly and efficiently.
- A creative and conceptual problem solver but doesn't hesitate to execute quickly.
- Attention to detail and highly organized. You take pride in how meticulously you label and layer your assets in Photoshop. You like consistent naming of files.
- A sharp but malleable design aesthetic. You can match the look and feel of distinct brands. But you never lose your keen sense of what works, what doesn’t, and why.
- A deep understanding of illustration and design and a willingness to contribute ideas and thoughts for improvement with the rest of the team.
- A willingness to go above and beyond what is asked and identifying other key ways to move the company forward.
- Must be a team player and work very well with others -- we have a very fast paced work environment, and it's critical to know how to take ownership of a problem, as well as when to let go.
- A self-starter with great time and project management skills.