Who we are:
Quidd is building a community for one–of-a-kind expression.
Our mission is to make creators and their creations truly unique. To achieve this, Quidd turns objects of self-expression, like stickers, GIFs, and 3D objects, into limited-edition, rare, and collectible objects, a lot like fashion items in real life.
Quidd has already amassed the world’s largest catalogue of rare digital goods on the planet, featuring the best names in Gen Z and Millennial pop culture, including Marvel, Gravity Falls, Steven Universe, Adventure Time, Rick And Morty, Hello Kitty, My Little Pony, Trolls, Jurassic Park, Frozen, and more. Companies like Disney, Hasbro, and HBO are reaching younger audiences and building new businesses through the Quidd platform.
We are looking for a Senior-Level Backend Engineer to join our team in NYC and help us design and build out a scalable backend system and manage a growing team.
- Design perform, robust APIs to support mobile and desktop clients
- Manage and optimize scalable distributed systems on the cloud
- Work with and optimize RDBMS-based heterogeneous storage systems.
- Produce solid quality code, raising the bar for the whole team on quality and speed
- 6+ years software development experience
- Skilled software engineer with experience in multiple compiled languages (Golang, Java, C++)
- Excellent foundation in computer science, algorithms, and software design
- Familiarity with PostgreSQL, Elasticsearch and/or Redis
- Comfortable working in a source controlled environment with a team of developers across multiple branches
- Excellent spoken and written English communication skills
- Computer science degree or equivalent experience
Nice to have
- Git or other code repository available for review
- Experience designing RESTful APIs, specifically for mobile apps
- Experience working on distributed systems, data science projects, or building data pipelines
Who you are
You are our ideal candidate if you..
- Love the idea of being a leader and teaching others while still getting the support and guidance from more knowledgeable team members
- Have a passion for collecting or a love for cartoons, comics, games, or movies
- Are able to accomplish complex engineering task independently