Who we are:
Quidd is a Brooklyn startup that is changing the way that people collect and view digital ownership. Our app Quidd, available in both the Apple App Store and the Google Play Store, gives people a place to collect iMessage stickers, digital trading cards, and even digital 3D figures.
Quidd has been around for almost three years and has already established partnerships with industry leading brands like Sony, Fox, Cartoon Network, Funko, and CBS. These partnerships have allowed us to provide fans with officially licensed products from some of the most popular properties in the market like Marvel, DC, Family Guy, Rick & Morty, Bob’s Burgers, Adventure Time, and many more.
What we’re looking for:
Do you spend most of your time obsessing over TV, film, comics, animation, gaming, music, sneakers, and other pop culture stuff? And find yourself sketching, illustrating, drawing, and creating works featuring your favorite “thing” in your free time?
Quidd is currently looking for a full time 2-D graphic artist, who, alongside the rest of the design team, will contribute to creating one of a kind collectable digital content across various intellectual properties. This content includes but is not limited to: trading cards, stickers, posters, and GIFs. We’ll be working across a variety of properties and licenses including live action, animated, and 3D. The ideal candidate has a strong understanding of photo/asset manipulation, illustration and basic understanding of motion graphics/animation for mobile. The candidate should able to troubleshoot complex design questions while adhering to goals and deadlines.
This position reports directly to the Lead Designer and works in our Brooklyn office.
What the role will entail:
- Developing engaging static and animated content for existing properties.
- Digital packaging design as well as supporting assets for content.
- Creating exciting new content for pitches, presentations, and future projects.
- Working with multiple licenses and being able to switch styles and aesthetics on the fly while maintaining brand integrity.
- Constant research and development in order to improve existing product types as well as innovate and develop new ideas.
What we’re looking for in the ideal candidate:
- A passion for, and interest in, all things pop culture related, especially around TV, Film, Comics, Games, and Social Media.
- A constant and fast learner, who isn't afraid to adapt to changes in process quickly and efficiently.
- A creative and conceptual problem solver but doesn't hesitate to execute quickly.
- Attention to detail and highly organized. You take pride in how meticulously you label and layer your assets in Photoshop. You like consistent naming of files.
- A sharp but malleable design aesthetic. You can match the look and feel of distinct brands. But you never lose your keen sense of what works and what doesn’t, and why.
- A deep understanding of illustration and design and a willingness to contribute ideas and thoughts for improvement with the rest of the team.
- Basic understanding of motion graphics and animation with a willingness to learn more advanced techniques
- A thorough understanding of the restrictions of developing design on a mobile platform.
- A willingness to go above and beyond what is asked and identifying other key ways to move the company forward.
- Must be a team player and work very well with others -- we have a very fast paced work environment, and it's critical to know how to take ownership of a problem, as well as when to let go.
- A self-starter with great time and project management skills.