Who we are:
Quidd is a new mobile startup in Brooklyn, NY that is changing the way that people collect. Our app Quidd, available in both the Apple App Store and the Google Play Store, gives people a place to collect iMessage stickers, digital trading cards, and even digital 3D figures.
Quidd has been around for almost 3 years and has already established partnerships with industry leading brands like Marvel, HBO, Sony, Fox, Cartoon Network, Funko, and CBS. These partnerships have allowed us to provide fans with officially licensed products from some of the most popular properties in the market like Marvel, Game of Thrones, God of War, Family Guy, Rick & Morty, Bob’s Burgers, Adventure Time, and many more.
What we’re looking for:
Do you spend most of your time obsessing over TV, film, animation, comics, gaming, music, sneakers, and other pop culture stuff? And find yourself sketching, animating, and creating works featuring your favorite “thing” in your free time?
Quidd is currently looking for a full time motion graphics designer who will contribute to creating unique animated and static digital content for ad creative as well as other marketing and promotional initiatives across various intellectual properties. We will be working with both live action and animated properties. The ideal candidate has a strong understanding of animation and motion graphics design for mobile and is able to troubleshoot complex design questions while adhering to goals and deadlines.
This position reports directly to the Lead Designer and is based in Brooklyn.
What the role will entail:
- Developing engaging animated ad creative content for existing and upcoming properties.
- Creating exciting new animated content for pitches, presentations, and future projects.
- Developing and implanting concepts for print, promotional and event based static advertisements.
- Creating and implementing digital/web graphic designs for websites, banner ads and more.
- Constant research and development in order to improve existing product types as well as innovate and develop new ideas.
- Troubleshooting technical problems with files from other artists.
What we’re looking for in the ideal candidate:
- A passion for, and interest in, all things pop culture related, especially around the TV, Film, Comics, Games, and Social Media.
- A constant and fast learner, who isn't afraid to adapt to changes in process quickly and efficiently.
- A creative and conceptual problem solver, but doesn't hesitate to execute quickly.
- Attention to detail and highly organized. You take pride in how meticulously you label and layer your assets in After Effects. You like consistent naming of files.
- A sharp but malleable design aesthetic. You can match the look and feel of distinct brands. But you never lose your keen sense of what works and what doesn’t, and why.
- A deep understanding of best motion graphics practices and a willingness to contribute ideas and thoughts for improvement with the rest of the team
- A thorough understanding of the restrictions of developing animation and motion graphics on a mobile platform, including iMessage integration
- A willingness to go above and beyond what is asked and identifying other key ways to move the company forward.
- Must be a team player and work very well with others -- we have a very fast paced work environment, and it's critical to know how to take ownership of a problem, as well as when to let go.
- A self-starter with great time and project management skills.