We are looking for a senior-level Server Developer, API to join our team and help us design and buildout a performant and scalable backend system.
As a Server Developer, API, here are some examples of what you may work on:
- Design performant, robust endpoints to support multiple clients.
- Manage and optimize scalable distributed systems on the cloud.
- Work with and optimize RDBMS-based heterogeneous storage systems.
- Solve big data problems.
- Work in cross-functional teams to meet specific goals.
- Workshop new features and solutions.
- 3+ years server development experience, at least one year in Golang.
- 5+ years software development experience.
- Experience working with diverse systems in a dynamic, distributed environment.
- Programming language and platform polyglot.
- Experience developing REST APIs.
- Good understanding of concurrency and transactions.
- Solved large-scale data problems.
- Worked with the entire toolchain, from development through build and deployment.
- Comfortable working in a source controlled environment with a team of developers across multiple branches.
- Know the difference between a git merge and a rebase. Do your share of reviewing PRs without being asked.
- Feel uncomfortable when your code isn't unit tested, but know when it doesn't need it.
- Know when NOT to release.
- Excellent spoken and written English communication skills.
- Passion for programming and involvement in latest tech trends.
- Detail oriented with outstanding aptitude for self-growth.
Nice to have:
- Git or other code repository available for review.
- Experience designing APIs specifically for mobile apps.
- Good knowledge of the AWS ecosystem.
- Deep knowledge of Postgres.
- Experience with NoSQL databases.
- Strange hobbies we may never have imagined before you.