We are looking for a Principal Designer to join our team and lead all aspects of company and product design.
As a Principal Designer, here are some examples of what you may work on:
- Develop and own creative direction and design strategy across all audiences and functions of the company.
- Establish and curate company and product visual branding across mobile and web experiences.
- Solve design problems that affect multiple aspects of the product.
- Collaborate with product managers and analysts on requirements gathering.
- Create and present wireframes, storyboards, visual comps, and product prototypes with fellow designers, product managers, developers, and management.
- Envision and design animations, transitions, and motion graphics that ad clarity and delight to the app UX.
- Build a visual language expressed across icons, buttons and other elements.
- Work in cross-functional teams to meet specific goals.
- Mentor UI/UX Designers while being freed up from running HR or team management.
- Select and lead contract designers on special projects.
- Workshop new features and solutions.
- 5+ years mobile design experience.
- 7+ years general design experience.
- Have held key design roles on multiple app available in the App Store and Play Store.
- Strong grasp of iOS and Android design best practices and constraints.
- Strong understanding of designing for multiple screen sizes, including tablet.
- Up to speed and passionate about modern design philosophies and trends.
- Strong design portfolio.
- Excellent communication, organization, and problem solving skills.
- Detail oriented with outstanding aptitude for self-growth.
- Very skilled with Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, design prototyping, wireframing and flowcharting software.
- Able to adapt and modify work based on user testing and feedback.
- Degree in design, entertainment technology, similar area or equivalent experience.
Nice to have:
- Programming experience for web or mobile.
- Skills in related areas such as illustration, photography, video, and motion graphics.