NetBase Solutions, Inc., (who in early 2020 merged with Quid Inc., to form "NetBase-Quid") offers Software as a Service (SaaS) analytics and professional services to large multinational brands, advertising agencies, financial institutions, health care entities, learning institutions, etc.
NetBase is looking for a top notch law student (2nd or 3rd year) who would like to Intern with us in the role of Legal Administrator, to assist with the contracting process, as well as with compliance and sales operations.
Legal Administrator responsibilities and duties
- Review customer edits to NetBase and Quid contracts to identify (and escalate as needed) required changes
- Generate reports on the current status of existing agreements
- Negotiate contract terms, conditions and follow up to ensure execution according to the negotiated terms
- Create standardized language for new contracts and orders
- Analyze and report on specific risks associated with contracts
- Work closely with NetBase Legal, Sales Operations and Finance to ensure consistency in all contracts
- Work closely with Compliance to respond to customer and internal requests with regard to security and privacy compliance
Legal Administrator qualifications and skills
Note: This is an Intern position, so while typically we would ask for at least 5 years of experience, we believe in giving Interns a jump start in their future careers, and "real world" experience through valuable training and exposure to a business setting. We are willing to train a motivated 2nd or 3rd year law student, who enjoys contract law and can work with a high degree of accuracy and accountability in a fast paced environment.
In exchange, we are looking for a very strong self-starter, who communicates well in writing and verbally, and can be counted on to complete tasks on a timely basis. We are looking for someone who is willing to learn from their colleagues, but who will also take the initiative to learn independently to make them a stronger contributor. We require a reliable and flexible individual who is willing to work from home, and when necessary, to work outside of "normal" working hours to support all the worldwide locations that we serve. Specific required skill set is as follows:
- Knowledge and understanding of the legal principles and requirements involved in specific contracts
- Attention to detail and ability to notice errors and exceptions
- Working knowledge of accounting principles
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proficiency with Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or Finance
- Law school attendance (even if in progress) is a plus.