The College Programs team supports QuestBridge Scholars currently enrolled at our 48 college partners across the country. The Director of College Programs will play a lead role in continuing to develop and refine the strategic vision for how our organization supports these students, while ensuring that these initiatives are executed to the highest standards.
There are currently over 9,000 highly motivated, intelligent, and diverse QuestBridge Scholars who, through their participation in the National College Match, make up the QuestBridge Scholars Network (“QSN”). As the scale of this network grows each year, we are looking for an experienced strategic thinker who can improve the operations of existing programming, increase engagement, and develop new opportunities that will enable our students to thrive during their collegiate years. The ideal candidate for this role is someone who is passionate about developing scalable programming and resources through diverse channels, is energized by supporting and interacting with college students, and has experience working with and relating to students from first-generation, low-income backgrounds.
- Internalize and operationalize the organization’s overarching vision through the creation of strategic goals and tactical plans for the QSN.
- Develop and refine initiatives that provide opportunities for QuestBridge Scholars to reflect, connect, and grow.
- Develop a deep understanding of QuestBridge Scholars through qualitative and quantitative measures and apply this knowledge to continuously improve rigor of programming.
- Collaborate with team to plan and implement multiple programs and measure outcomes, ensuring success and scalability through data tracking and analytics.
- Work closely with cross functional teams to develop operational systems and processes for data collection and management, content creation, and program development.
- Oversee team’s workflow on organization-wide work project management tool, manage annual program budget, and track department spending and expenditure approvals.
- Manage, motivate, and support the development of members of the College Programs team, understanding the skills, energies, and challenges of each individual.
- Interact and build relationships with students and key administrators on college partner campuses through variety of communication channels, including travelling to conferences, gatherings, summits, and other types of convenings.
- Participate in other organization wide initiatives such as reading applications and staffing both in-person and virtual conferences.
- Perform other administrative and miscellaneous tasks as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree with 8+ years of relevant professional experience, ideally working with college students from first-generation, low-income backgrounds.
- Passion for and knowledge of issues in college student development and experiences related to high-achieving students from low-income backgrounds.
- Significant experience in program oversight, ideally in developing opportunities for college students that provide unique learning experiences while fostering a sense of community.
- Event planning experience for both small and large scale online and in-person events, including program planning and logistics.
- Strong comfort with CRM systems, technology, and data, with the ability to evaluate and advance current operations.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, with superior writing and editing ability and a keen eye for design.
- Experience supervising and managing others, with proven ability to provide critical feedback and accountability.
- High level of rigor in developing and executing on strategic plans with excitement for innovation and improvement aimed at impact and scale.
- Heightened sensitivity to students from diverse backgrounds and a strong track record of handling sensitive personal information and situations.
- Warm, positive personality with deep-seated personal integrity.
- Engaging public speaker who can connect and resonate with college students from diverse backgrounds.
- Exceptional attention to detail, but able to maintain focus on the larger picture.
- Resourceful self starter who is comfortable with ambiguity.
- Strong work ethic, with intense drive to reach goals and contribute to the success of the organization.
- Desire to grow and develop professionally, and to support others in their own development.
Competitive compensation commensurate with experience and skills for the position. Well-rounded benefits package included with full-time employment.
Hours and Location of Work
This is a regular, full-time position that is remote within the US. Employees will be expected to be engaged online and travel when necessary.