We are searching for a creative and dynamic Director who will join our QuestBridge team and play a key role in leading the outreach and support operations of the High Schools Programs team. Building upon QuestBridge's unprecedented success in recruiting the nation's most exceptional high school students from low-income backgrounds, the Director will play a central role in taking QuestBridge recruitment to the next level.
This individual will oversee the existing infrastructure of applicant recruitment and retention for QuestBridge’s flagship program, the National College Match, as well as the College Prep Scholars Program. They will play a leading role in strategically designing and implementing various recruitment programs and opportunities, including but not limited to engagement through education and constituent outreach and support. They will be charged to improve existing processes as well as define creative and innovative directions for QuestBridge recruitment. This position is a great opportunity for someone with a marketing background who loves analytics and has a passion for higher education access.
- Oversee QuestBridge’s recruitment outreach campaigns to tens of thousands of potential student applicants, educators and organizations nationwide; including identifying prospect data sources, content development, data processing, analytics, and support services.
- Manage, motivate, develop, inspire, and support the development of members of the High School Programs team, understanding the strengths, skills, energies, and challenges of each individual.
- Drive team’s initiatives for recruitment through education on college admissions and financial aid, as well as retention through community engagement.
- Develop deep understanding of a wide range of U.S. regions and geographies to amplify the organization's reach with students in targeted regions (e.g. rural America), or who are interested in specific subjects (e.g., STEM and the Arts).
- Take a leading role in developing and refining tools, processes, and outreach methods that will increase the impact and effectiveness of QuestBridge’s recruitment operations.
- Collaborate closely with other teams within the organization to execute recruitment campaigns and engage in data driven decision making processes.
- Manage an annual program budget, including department spending and expenditure approvals.
- Provide guidance and support to students and constituents as they complete the QuestBridge application process.
- Participate in other organization wide initiatives such as reading applications and staffing both in-person and virtual conferences.
- Bachelor’s degree with 8+ years of relevant professional experience, including work that supports high-achieving students from low income backgrounds.
- Familiar with recruitment practices; experience with marketing and/or communications, in both print and online/social media contexts.
- Strong comfort with technology and data, with the ability to evaluate and advance current operations.
- Experience supervising and managing others, as well as a proven track record of successfully working cross-collaboratively.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, with superior writing and editing ability.
- Passion for issues in higher education access, as well as knowledge of highly selective college admissions and financial aid.
- Heightened sensitivity to students from diverse backgrounds and a strong track record of handling sensitive personal information and situations.
- Entrepreneurial, creative, dynamic. Energized by working with a revenue-generating social venture.
- Strong belief in the goals and mission of QuestBridge.
- Deep-seated personal integrity.
- Warm, positive personality.
- Exceptional attention to detail, but able to maintain focus on the larger picture.
- Rigorous quality standards in terms of quantitative accuracy, text editing, and visual aesthetics.
- Team player who enjoys working collaboratively with a small team of colleagues.
- Strong work ethic, with intense drive to reach goals and contribute to the success of the organization.
- Desire to grow and develop professionally. Quick study, independently resourceful.
Competitive compensation commensurate with experience and skills for the position. Well-rounded benefits package included with full-time employment.
Hours and Location of Work
This is a regular, full-time position that is remote within the US. Employees will be expected to be engaged online and travel when necessary.