QuestBridge is a national nonprofit program that connects outstanding low-income students with educational opportunities that can change their lives, as well as the demographics of our nation’s leading educational institutions.
QuestBridge is searching for a Program Manager to join the Scholars Programs Team. Reporting to the College Programs Director, this role will be a key member of a team that supports thousands of QuestBridge Scholars during their undergraduate experience at QuestBridge’s 45 college partner campuses. There will be a strong focus on program management and communications and the opportunity to participate in the ongoing development and innovation around new programs and opportunities.
A successful Program Manager must be comfortable wearing many hats. Responsibilities will range from process documentation and event logistics, to leadership development and community building initiatives. There will also be travel to support various student conferences throughout the year. This position is ideal for someone who is passionate about providing exceptional support for undergraduate college students and building a vibrant national QuestBridge Scholars Network (QSN).
- Build and execute programs strategically that positively impact Scholar identity development and growth, foster the QSN community, and cultivate civic engagement opportunities.
- Develop a deep understanding of our students and their campus context, and apply this knowledge to continuously innovate and iterate on programming.
- Create, curate, improve, and distribute resources relevant to Scholars on various topics including but not limited to financial literacy, leadership and career development, and self care and wellness.
- Plan and execute small and large-scale events and initiatives, both virtually and in-person.
- Review feedback from various data sources and use tracking and analytics to measure the impact of efforts.
- Participate in supporting QuestBridge Scholars via email, phone, and other online platforms.
- Travel to college campuses for conferences and gatherings to interact with students and potentially build relationships with campus administrators.
- Read and evaluate student applications for the College Prep Scholars Program, National College Match, and other various opportunities.
- Attend and staff National College Admissions Conferences.
- Perform other administrative and miscellaneous tasks as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of two years of related experience.
- Experience working with and relating to college students from various backgrounds, especially with first-generation, low-income students.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and cross-collaborate with different teams and departments.
- Track record of success in setting priorities, establishing operational processes, and executing on plans with measurable outcomes.
- Comfort with technology and data, with the ability to evaluate and improve processes.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, as well as public speaking and presentation experience.
- Heightened sensitivity to students from diverse backgrounds and a strong track record of handling sensitive personal information and situations.
- Strong belief in the goals and mission of QuestBridge.
- Passionate about the growth and development of undergraduate students.
- Self-starting, resourceful, and organized with a keen sense of accountability.
- Able to comfortably adapt in a dynamic environment with changing requirements and priorities.
- Warm, positive personality; ability to collaborate well with others.
- Strong work ethic and deep-seated personal integrity, with intense drive to reach goals and contribute to the success of the organization.
- Interest and knowledge of issues in education, ideally relating to access and success in higher education.
Competitive compensation commensurate with experience and skills for the position. Well-rounded benefits package included with full-time employment.
Hours and Location of Work
This is a regular, full-time position that is remote within the US. Employees will be expected to be engaged online and travel when necessary.