QuestBridge is a national nonprofit program that connects outstanding low-income students with educational opportunities that can change their lives, as well as the demographics of our nation’s leading educational institutions.
The Data Analyst position offers a unique opportunity for someone passionate about using their data and technical skills to enhance educational programs and contribute to the growth of a far-reaching entrepreneurial social venture. Our Data Analyst will be asked to clean, query, explore, and analyze data, as well as design intuitive ways to visualize data for operational insights.
Our Data Analyst will have the opportunity to collaborate with program, data, and engineering team members across other departments for thought partnership, feedback, and growth. In addition to analytical skills, this position has a strong focus on rigor, communications, and project management. If you will enjoy applying your skills to data projects in a fast-paced environment to contribute toward QuestBridge’s mission, we look forward to reviewing your application!
Role and Responsibilities
Success of this role is defined by achieving the following:
- Accurate and efficient implementation of data operations related to our recruitment, alumni and other programmatic efforts
- Detailed understanding of data used in all analytics projects (including visualizations that help others gain clarity for decision-making)
- Well-documented code that current or incoming analysts can build upon
- Timely and relevant analyses and reports for operational use
- Completion of complex reporting and analysis requests
- Creation and maintenance of documentation of QuestBridge data and data processes
- Periodic record consolidation and data cleaning in collaboration with other data-oriented staff
- Ability to support any data-related operational tasks across the organization
- Travel to events to interact and support students and apply these experiences to continuously improve programming
- Read and evaluate student applications for the College Prep Scholars Program, National College Match, and other various opportunities
- Other duties, as assigned
- Relevant work experience of at least 2 years
- Analytical thinking on how data can support program management
- Experience working with multiple sources of data (education data is a plus)
- Ability to leverage code to conduct data cleaning, data wrangling, and analyses
- Familiarity with some or all of the following:
- Python (Pandas, Scikit Learn, etc.)
- Exceptional attention to detail, but able to maintain focus on larger picture
- Strong written, and verbal communication skills
- Ability to track, manage, and implement multiple projects from start to finish (organizing bandwidth, workflows, and multiple deliverables for on-time delivery) in fast-paced environment
- Ability to incorporate feedback
- Track record of taking initiative
- Passion for QuestBridge’s mission
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Economics or another quantitative field
- Experience working with data in the education sector
- Track record of producing analyses that result in meaningful decision-making
- Experience increasing efficiency of processes, and automation of analyses and reporting
- Experience using CRM platforms and application
Competitive compensation is commensurate with experience and skills for the position.
Hours and Location of Work
This is a full-time position remote within the US. Employees will be expected to be engaged online and travel approximately once per quarter.
Please include a thoughtful cover letter with your application, and a sample of past data-related projects and any relevant code from the project. Apply Now!
Thank you for your interest in employment with QuestBridge. QuestBridge is an equal opportunity employer.