QuestBridge is a national nonprofit program that connects outstanding low-income students with educational opportunities that can change their lives, as well as the demographics of our nation’s leading educational institutions. Additional information on QuestBridge can be found at www.questbridge.org.
Reporting to the CEO, the G&A Manager will be a key member of the G&A team. The role is designed to support the operational functions of the Finance, Human Resources, and General Office and Administration teams within the organization. The position is ideal for someone who is highly process-driven, detail-oriented, proactive in developing methods to improve existing operations, has a positive attitude, and exhibits the ability to work effectively with diverse groups.
Working with Human Resources and Finance, the G&A Manager would:
- Manage all day-to-day functions of G&A, Finance, and HR in a growing organization:
- Work closely with Finance, HR, and G&A staff members to keep organization current on best practices and legal compliance in all areas of HR, Finance, and G&A, including areas such as compensation, benefits, performance management, and staff learning and development
- Adapt and grow the HR, Finance, and G&A functions of the organization as it enters a growth phase in the upcoming years
- Create, implement, and administer systems, processes, and procedures for Finance, HR, and General Office Administration, such as:
- Establishing and ensuring adherence to effective internal controls and accountabilities for processes
- Adjusting current processes and procedures to accommodate changing work environments
- Creating processes for regular monitoring, maintenance, and reconciliation of expenses and budgets, ensuring accuracy of records
- Supervise G&A Administrative Assistant and potentially others
- Collaborate with program teams to ensure timely and accurate payments, and creation of invoices, journals, and reports
- Manage all general office and administrative functions for QuestBridge and the staff, including projects pertaining to city/county/state licenses, insurance, facilities, rent, and utilities
- Work with contractors and other members of team to ensure timeline
- Oversee management of all QuestBridge equipment and fixed assets, including the ordering, monitoring, and distribution of items, and tracking depreciation
- Support leadership team and program teams with additional G&A, HR, and Finance-related projects and tasks as needed
- Bachelor’s degree and minimum of 5-8 years of full-time professional experience, preferably in finance, human resources, and/or general office management and administration
- Track record of setting priorities, establishing operational processes, and executing on plans with measurable outcomes
- Proven ability to handle highly confidential information and exercise sound judgement in complex situation
- Process-oriented with ability to understand and communicate complex processes in a straightforward way
- Ability to manage multiple projects while maintaining a high level of organization and professionalism
- Exceptional attention to detail. Rigorous quality standards in terms of quantitative accuracy, text editing, and visual aesthetics
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, with superior writing and editing ability
- Self-starter, independently resourceful, and a quick study, with a keen sense of accountability
- Warm, positive personality with a customer service focus; ability to collaborate well with others and incorporate feedback. Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Strong work ethic and deep-seated personal integrity, with intense drive to contribute to the success of the organization
- Polished, professional demeanor and communication style
- Passion for process-driven work that supports our staff and the organization’s mission
- Ability to comfortably adapt in a dynamic environment with changing requirements and priorities
- Heightened sensitivity to students from diverse backgrounds and a strong track record of handling sensitive personal information and situations
Competitive compensation commensurate with experience and skills for the position. Well-rounded benefits package included with full-time employment.
Hours and Location of Work
This is a full-time position that is remote within the U.S. Employees will be expected to be engaged online and travel when necessary.
Apply by uploading your resume and thoughtful cover letter. Due to the large number of applications we receive, we ask that candidates kindly refrain from calling, sending paper applications, and drop-in visits. Thank you for your interest in employment with QuestBridge. QuestBridge is an equal opportunity employer.