Qubit’s platform engineering team works on the core Qubit platform, which processes billions of events a day and serves over 400 million personalisations per month to some of the biggest properties on the Internet. The team is responsible for backend software engineering at Qubit, building and scaling large complex systems with near-real time requirements.
- Manage a low-latency, high-throughput platform that is responsible for capturing, validating, enriching, storing and serving billions of data points a day
- Tackle scaling challenges for platform services to handle Qubit’s dramatic growth
- Extend the platform to support productionisation of Qubit’s machine learning applications
- Work closely with product management to design the next generation of platform features, such as highly concurrent authentication and authorisation systems capable of validating millions of client validations per second
- A degree in Computer Science/Mathematics/Engineering or a related field or equivalent industry experience
- Experience in backend software engineering using statically typed programming languages (e.g. Go, Java, Scala)
- Experience in building web services and APIs
Nice to have:
- Linux systems knowledge
- Familiar with container orchestration, e.g. Kubernetes or Mesos
- Experience building high throughput distributed data systems
- Experience using cloud-based systems
- A proactive, self starter attitude!
Plenty of Perks
As well as the opportunity to work with leading clients and a world-class team, you'll get:
- Realistic performance-related bonuses
- Equity options
- Private health and dental insurance
- Twice weekly supermarket shop so that you can have healthy breakfast, lunch and snacks
- Yoga classes
- Subsidised gym membership
- Fortnightly company socials
- Plenty of opportunities for training and development
At Qubit, we champion diversity and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We embrace difference with open arms and see it as a huge benefit to our community. We are dedicated to equal opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or veteran status. If you have a disability or need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Location: HQ is in London, other offices New York, San Francisco, LA, Paris and Hamburg
Qubit is the leader in highly persuasive personalization at scale.
Leading ecommerce companies work with Qubit to transform the way they understand and influence their customers in order to increase revenue, build loyalty and improve marketing efficiency.
By combining rich customer data, deep learning technology and advanced segmentation capabilities, the Qubit Customer Influence Engine can precisely match customers with the widest range of personal, online experiences to influence behavior at scale.
Qubit is trusted to deliver real impact to the bottom line for the biggest brands in ecommerce including Ubisoft, CafePress, Topshop, Shiseido, and Emirates. Across the global Qubit customer base, $600 million worth of online sales are influenced over a typical week.
To date, we have received over $76 million in funding from Goldman Sachs, Accel, Sapphire Ventures, Balderton Capital and Salesforce Ventures.
Qubit is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing its employees with a work environment that is both challenging and rewarding. For additional information, please visit our website at www.qubit.com